X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mom found these in the garage.

I got these in the 60's. I figured they were long gone

STUGOTS

So which one did you grab first and start making vroom vroom noises with?
    Nitrous is like that hot chick with crabs. you want to hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences

Comment

slot cars, do you still have a track? I have a few slot cars that my wife and her brother had in the 70s, neat stuff.
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        slot cars, do you still have a track? I have a few slot cars that my wife and her brother had in the 70s, neat stuff.
        All the track from the 60's are gone...I think. But, I have several sets of Life Like, Tyco, A/FX. In fact, I have a few guys over the shop on Thursday(today) for drinks and BBQ. My buddy Tom calls it Bourbon Thursday. And today, I'm setting up the slot cars for the first time in years. Something simple

Last edited by groucho; December 22, 2011, 12:09 PM.
        STUGOTS

Comment

Slot cars are awesome.......I'd like to set up a track someday in the basement.

I think I had a twin engine car once.......we spent hours
          at a local hobby shop racing.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

usb plug shown on left for size reference
            Attached Files
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Cool stuff! We have a couple of boxes of Aurora stuff in the basement that my wife bought years ago. Loops, cars and a lot of track. I use to work with a guy who was really into Aurora cars. He would custom build motors form them altering the phasing of the commutators. He made some pretty good money on them. He even had a little mini metal lathe to make parts.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I was born too early. When I was little we had nothing to play with but sticks and rocks. I tell ya, it was tough........

Dan

Comment

Thunder jets ! I was from the Magna traction era but those are cool ! Search for the new ones they make so many neat models !

Comment

Oooooooh!

Aurora Thunderjets!!!

Me likey!

I still have many of the T-Jets I owned as a kid. My brother, however, is the Thunder Jet King of the free world. I would venture to say he has close to 8000 (yes, eight thousand) Aurora T-jet cars and he builds them to racing specs for Fray, stock and super stock customers.

Groucho, the cars you have pictured are very popular with the MAHOR racing crowd in the Kansas City area. These guys race and collect Aurora T-Jets and have quite the race circuit set up in the KC metro area. Take a look at their website sometime.

The guys who race this series do so on racetracks built in the basements or game rooms of their own homes. I have been to a few of the races and they are a blast! Check out some of the tracks on that website and the detail that went into building them. Amazing craftsmanship.

Cool to see the old cars, Groucho. Brings back a lot of great memories!

Ron
                    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I like the Bourbon Thursday..........throw back some Knob Hill and race some slot cars
                      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                        I like the Bourbon Thursday..........throw back some Knob Hill and race some slot cars
                        STUGOTS

Comment

Cool!

Do you take reservations?
                          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                            Cool!

Do you take reservations?
                            Absolutely.
                            STUGOTS

Comment

Man, I miss my tyco stuff. I miss the basement from the house we lived in before we bought our current house.
                              I was going to bring this to the new place, but got denied...
                              2 4x8 sheets in a "L" shape.
                              Last edited by Eliteman76; December 22, 2011, 04:59 PM.
                              Andrew
                              1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                              2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
                              X