Auto Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Shipping

Does anyone here know the general cost for auto shipping, and what companies are good to go with?

Basically, Im in a bit of a rock & hard place. My aunt gave me some news about the Tbird, and I got a bit of a situation with 2 options.

First- start paying for its registration/insurance while it i there, and get it shipped out here asap.

second- give it up, and she will sell it. no more Tbird.

Obviously, Id rather the first option. Just need an affordable company that a brokish college student can afford (perhaps bribe DF and finnegan to attempt to drive it)
    Local person
    sigpic

1400 to bring a nomad up from tucson,az to NYC ..but it didn't run

Comment

These guys will give you a quote or check them out on Facebook -
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

700 to transport a Buick wagon from Arizona to Washington. If you google autotransport, use one of the brokers that comes up - you'll get several prices (and lots of phone calls - not overboard, but phone calls) but they ranged within 100 of that amount

Or, run a Craigslist ad, but that one I'd be wary about.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

What did you ever do with your Australia stuff SBG ? I never heard back from you so I figured you had your bases covered.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

$1500 to bring a non running chev 1/2 ton from Mineral Springs AK to Bellingham, Wa. Thats why I am fixing up my Chev 2500, so I can pull things long distances.
            Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Comment

Gawddammit I wish you could ship a car by rail.

Over-the-road prices are stupid these days.

F'n OPEC.
              Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

DAS auto shipping was $520 from California to Indiana for the firebird
                Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                  What did you ever do with your Australia stuff SBG ? I never heard back from you so I figured you had your bases covered.
                  the guy kind of dropped off the map - he bought a car in Texas, and I suspect his entire life has been getting it to Australia... his 66, I presume, went on the back burner... now worries, I need the motor to build my turbo headers and aluminum intake.

Comment

Kiwi Shipping for Australia/New Zealand is our sister company -

That $520.00 is a smokin' good deal.........
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

It cost just over 700 with DAS from SoCal to Dallas in 2006, but the DAS drivers... couldn't figure out how to put the Falcon's 3 on the tree in "Park" - WTF!?! I said "Did ya see the third pedal?" he says "Yeah, we couldn't figure out what it was for"

REALLY WTF?! I had to back it down from the front top of the carrier because for 700.00 you don't get a driver (professional?!) that knows how to drive a manual or where Reverse is on a 3 speed column shift. Lord only knows if it had been cold and they had to use the "Choke" cable... I'm not sure how they got it on the carrier.

Other than that..lmfao, it was uneventful.
                      Last edited by Beagle; December 23, 2011, 08:52 AM.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                        Kiwi Shipping for Australia/New Zealand is our sister company -

That $520.00 is a smokin' good deal.........
                        that is a good deal ....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          700 to transport a Buick wagon from Arizona to Washington. If you google autotransport, use one of the brokers that comes up - you'll get several prices (and lots of phone calls - not overboard, but phone calls) but they ranged within 100 of that amount

Or, run a Craigslist ad, but that one I'd be wary about.
                          Its amazing that prices have gone up so much in just four years.I had a 66 elcamino shipped from Arizona to North Carolina in 07 and it was 700 then.
                          Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Often times if you're patient enough to wait for an "add-on" for someone already with a part load going near where you want you're going to (or should) get a better deal. For instance out of the Phoenix area after the auctions those guys would love to fill out their space.
                            If you book a load point A to point B with time defined pickup and drop off you will be paying a bunch. And fuel surcharges are anywhere from 25 -35 % presently.
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                            X