Anyone Here Have a US Patent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Here Have a US Patent?

I have an idea that is simple and cheap to make and would require a US Patent because the US would be where the major market for this product/idea is..

I went to a patent/trademark attorney to ask a quick question of how much.
    I was quoted AU$6500 (US$6000-ish) for a US patent and AU$3500 to search for an existing patent incase my idea has already been thought of.

That's a heap of cash and not one cent toward making or marketing the product..

To anyone with this experience.. Are these prices realistic?

Re: Anyone Here Have a US Patent?

Not an expert but I believe the "real" money gets spent on trying to license the thing for sale.

Even those steps you mentioned are not chump change!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

yea, i can't afford one.

no worries...i know the oil comps will be begging in no time at all...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutSteve
        I have an idea that is simple and cheap to make and would require a US Patent because the US would be where the major market for this product/idea is..

I went to a patent/trademark attorney to ask a quick question of how much.
        I was quoted AU$6500 (US$6000-ish) for a US patent and AU$3500 to search for an existing patent incase my idea has already been thought of.

That's a heap of cash and not one cent toward making or marketing the product..

To anyone with this experience.. Are these prices realistic?
        Somebody's ripping you off on the patent search quote. Keep searching. We did a number of patent searches, it cost maybe 3-10 hours MAX of an attorney's time. $350 an hour attorneys are only necessary if your name is "OJ"

The filing of the patent paperwork, I am not too sure about. I know however, the USPTO doesn't charge that much to file, so there's an attorney markup in that number as well.

-scott
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I have a couple patents but they were paid for by the company and writen using our patent layers. It is very expensive and even more if you need to prosecute one.

Comment

Working...
          X