Subaru Outback ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subaru Outback ...

The hatchback Sport model actually. I'm not really finding any GM front drivers that are worth a crap. I've seen a butt load of subarus in these parts in better shape, same miles and less money ..... AWD is a big plus too.

Who knows about these things? I know boxer3 will chime in, just not sure I'll know what he's saying .....

Talk to me ..... what is the service life of these imports, do they go 2-300k?
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

ok
    japanese car ? really ?
    go buy a 2000 malibu , grand am or cavalier ..works for me

Comment

I would if all the ones for sale weren't T-rashed!

Comment

plus GM doesn't make an AWD sedan in those models ....

Comment

i have been wanting a forester for a while now. it will do everything i want. decent family hauler with a roof rack and trailer hitch, throw the dog in the back, drive on the beach, light wheeling, and decent on gas. i was shopping for an 05+ for a while wasnt really concerned with dings and scratches wanted somewhat lower miles and cheap. i came across a jeep liberty for crazy cheap and had to put the subaru plan on hold till the jeep is dead. anyone i talked to had nothing but great things to say about them. i never owned a foriegn car, but was willing to give it a shot, there really isnt anything comparable out there.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
            ok
            japanese car ? really ?
            I agree. I would even attempt a sideways v6 before a 5 main boxer today.

My own project is the last solid state man driven researched machine..a nakajima/german remnant. It is bizarre to stereotypically call it japanese...and it is my only foriegn cars ever.

even the west coast egr could not kill it.

For balance, the boxer stuff is still there today..but going in circles with gadgets with no end and beginning is in fact called insanity...add to this an oblong case with offset scruany main bearings and crankshaft, false numbers written......and too many valves. They aren't the two valve 24 pound flywheel tuggers they used to be.

I wait for real machines. Remnants of good facts in each one is all we got now.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

we had an awd pontiac 6000 ste in 1989 and nobody bought it [used an s10 ft axle as the rear axle ]
              we had awd montana vans and nobody bought them

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                ok
                japanese car ? really ?
                Amen brother.

Ask this guy what he thinks of Subarus.

Comment

They are worth their weight in gold to the granola set up here. Would you pay 5-7 grand for any car with 175-200k on it?

Never owned one, I run Saabs as my daily drivers, but plenty of people I know have. Timing belts and water pumps and routine maintenance and you should see 200 plus.

Comment

that vid is awesome. I bitch about subarus and coincidentally get and hit and run.

hence the term "gewkster"...watch out for them.

some people think so small with a trillon dollars it triggers religions to wake from the dead.

I'll leave it at that.

being in maine, balance and all wheel is boxers only. the engineering is so childishly weakish today I still won't bother...skip right over them since post 1990.
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 31, 2011, 06:07 PM.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Grab one up. Owned 2 older subaru wagons in college. Both utterly indestructable. I tried, I mean really tried to kill them. Powerline runs, reverse donuts, jumped them, dropped from first to second at high speed. Only was able to get a tach stuck totally pegged out, and have both cars rot beyond repair. Both were driven to their final resting places, and ran perfectly when parked.

and I'm so surprised that spidey recommended a GM lol
                      Last edited by stangbanger; December 31, 2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

But he had a forester and loved it .....

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK View Post
                          They are worth their weight in gold to the granola set up here. Would you pay 5-7 grand for any car with 175-200k on it?

Never owned one, I run Saabs as my daily drivers, but plenty of people I know have. Timing belts and water pumps and routine maintenance and you should see 200 plus.
                          And that's what I was gonna ask about next .... Saabs. They are becoming affordable, but just like all the other imports, they have around 150k on them.

Comment

I am 31 years old. My aunt has owned 3 subies in my life. She's always been on top of the maintenance and they have all been gear jammers. All have run a long damn time. They've actually rotted away before they ever had mechanical issues.
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

And the thing I keep coming back to is the all wheel drive ....

Comment

Working...
                              X