Vermont muscle car junkyard for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vermont muscle car junkyard for sale

Brian,great new career change for you !!!!!

This is the place I went and spent 12 hours one day back in the CJTV era. We filmed the whole place but when CJTV folded it was lost to history.

It is beyond insane...
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

When I tell you that he has a SCHOOL BUS full of M22 transmissions, a room with 1,000 driveshafts in it, a pile of MEL enignes 8 feet tall, etc. It ain't bullshit.

Comment

did not like to sell stuff I guess.

the newest in the list is a 1984 cutlass...and only one.

but 600 others not listed, wow.

is it worth it?

the spcial built 340, no miles..else can't see but nickel and diming it back.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The "special 340" car was in pieces up on logs when I saw it, but it ran....just like the 396 he started that was sitting on a tire!

The place is worth every bit of the 1.6-million. The basement of the guy's house is full of shifters, stacks of heads, intake manifolds and engines. He has like 6-8 sets of the mopar long ram intake manifolds.
          Last edited by Brian Lohnes; January 1, 2012, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I remember Brian. You should team up with Andy (VT junk) and go film it again. You NEED to ! I hate to hear it was lost (the first video).

Comment

today would be easy with the net...push piles of stuff individually sitting at a computer. pennies on the parts dollar.

my family was buying land near there, 1980s. A flood went through it..changed minds.
              the north we were looking for was in maine anyway. those cars must be cleaner than a salty road.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I failed epically the day we were there because I was so hung up on the video stuff, I did not shoot photos. The footage was apparently not all that spectacular so it would have been a pretty major project to edit it down. I should call Bruce again to see if he would let us back on the property.

He keeps a rifle on a stand in his attic that faces towards the entrance gate. There's also the pissed off band of german shepherds....

Comment

I remember those parts (rifle and dogs). Ahh what the hell,nuthin is gonna happen.

Comment

The question with this property that always comes to my mind is: why has no one bought this already? They have been trying to sell it for years.

If someone would front the money, I would be more than happy to do the work involved with liquidating, in exchange for 1/2 the proceeds.
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Man.... that place is legendary. I've seen threads all over the internet about it.
                      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Jay Leno or some other multi-millionaire car dude needs to buy it, then pay someone knowledgeable like Steve Magneto to go through it all to start selling it off, and getting it in to the hands of people around the world who can use it for their projects.

cheers
                        Ed N.
                        Last edited by fast Ed; January 2, 2012, 04:31 AM. Reason: grammar
                        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

^^^ No kidding! I bet Leno keeps a million six in the pocket of his jeans.
                          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I'm guessing the guy with the shot gun and dogs has a lot to do with why it hasn't sold. Also, the asking price for basically a dump of a property completely filled with gearhead gold takes a very special person with deep pockets. The house isn't liveable in it's current condition either.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I think the main reason it has not sold is the simple logistics of the situation. My opinion, if someone bought the place, the best course of action would be to build a pretty large building right on the property and start tearing cars apart after you decide which ones to sell whole. There is just too much stuff to consider relocating piece by piece, car by car.

Bruce is a bit eccentric as one would expect, but he is not a bad guy. This collection of stuff cost him a wife and (at least a few years ago) his relationship with his kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X