Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric RC car 0-100mph in under 5 seconds

Never really liked Traxxas, but this is cool
    Product details: http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/6407xo1Traxxas XO-1 - The World's Fastest Ready-To-Race Supercar.0-60mph in 2.3 seconds!0-100mph...

It will do 100, but not till you get the software for an Apple I-phone(if you have one),
    and the docking assembly, and then tune the car for it.

Comment

Yeah, but even then you'd have to somewhere to run it balls out. Notice it's at TMS, and at a drag strip somewhere in the video. I'd surely kill a kid on a scooter with it on our street, or lose it and send it through the side of somebody's house while they were having supper.

My downfall with RC is a total lack of depth perception, at least with airplanes and tiny helicopters. Can't hit the runway on the way in to save me. Dunno about a car, though. Never tried it....hmmmm.....
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Where in the Hell are you gonna use something like that?
        STUGOTS

Comment

RC drag racing is actually growing pretty steadily. RC clubs rent out strips and actually have events.
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
            RC drag racing is actually growing pretty steadily. RC clubs rent out strips and actually have events.
            That's what I'd have to have, and be able to stand directly behind the car at the start line to see that it was going straight. And I'd have no idea when I got to the finish line (unless the timing lights went off) and when to let off, WAYYYYYYYYYYY out yonder. Well, by then I couldn't see it anyhow if it was more than a few hundred yards.

That would make my left hand and both knees shake uncontrollably, just like a stunt plane I had. That thing was so hot, and I let my great friend fly it and it did the same thing to him, too. Left hand and knees shaking. Well, he didn't want to crash my plane and he was a far more experienced RC pilot than I ever was.

Yes, I crashed it on a very windy day. Just plain stalled it making a downwind turn on a very windy day. I just let the airspeed get too low. Dang that thing just went by fast as hell - less throttle! Base turn, upwind turn.....STALL....Kaboom, destroyed it in the woods, it took a whole team of us two days to find the remains, because my depth perception is so bad. "I think it crashed right about THERE." No, it was much farther away than that. MUCH farther. Depth perception in RC is everything, when you're not on board the vehicle at the time.
            Last edited by pdub; January 4, 2012, 05:39 PM.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
            X