Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got me a new GF and she sings the blues..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got me a new GF and she sings the blues..

Holy crap!

It is my pleasure to introduce you to Joanne Shaw Taylor. Before you hit the play button, go grab yerself a beer. Better yet, grab a cooler of beer out of the back of Don's Road Runner and pull up a comfortable chair. Prepare to be blown away. Hot licks, hot vocals and stunning good looks. This chick is the complete package.

Pardon me while I roll my tongue back into my mouth. Hubba hubba!

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

LMAO! She is IT!

Comment

Shes 23.About the same age as your son.Perv in the house.LOL.

Comment

I love that sound Merv ..... er .... uh I mean Ron.
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

She's good, for sure. I suspect she's studied Stevie Ray carefully - and that ain't bad. "Blackest Day" is almost identical to "Tin Pan Alley" by SRV other than the lyrics. And she sure is better lookin' than Stevie (but that doesn't take much!). I have a grand daughter almost her age and I'm no perv so I find myself wondering if her Mom (or maybe Grandma) is as good looking as she is - I try to keep my lust within my generation, +/-. And give credit to her band - they're GREAT, too. A tight rhythm section is critical for a virtuoso to play over. I tried to be but never was that kind of bass player.

Dan

Comment

Dan, I saw a TV interview she did and she cited not only Stevie, but also Albert Collins as her two major influences. She then went on to tell how she studied who influenced Stevie and Albert and tapped into these blues performers as well. I also found it interesting that she gave a nod to Angus Young, Prince and Lenny Kravitz as a source of inspiration.

The girl has skills. I fear, however, the mainstream music media won't give her a plug nickel and we will be forced to listen to the likes of Lady Gaga on the airwaves....

Why can't real talent be recognized by radio and television? Why must I rely on Pandora to provide quality entertainment when so many great artists are out there and so few are exposed to them?

Ron
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Yeah, that's the real deal alright. She's sensational!

I still think the youngsters who can play like that today .....it all came from or at least started with tableture, a tool we didn't have when I was a puppy. We used to have to sit around for days and weeks and listen to a song. Replaying a lick on a vinyl record album over and over until the needle wore out, trying to find that lick on the guitar and then mimmick it.

Nowadays the kids tear through the tableture sheets and there you have it. But you sure have to be a great natural player to tie it all together like she does. Day-um!

pdub
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

no shock value!!!! shes great,looks good ,has talent...but shes not half naked,shes not wearing a coat made of steaks. shes not yelling about something shes too young to understand... sadly young people today have to be spoon fed if you want them to see/hear anything good.

Comment

Working...
                X