No announcement yet.

a broken sway bar did this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Car maker has the deep pocket is why.
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Our 5,000lb Pacifica broke an end link a couple years ago. My wife reported that the car was "steering weird" and I took it for a ride. It was certainly not feeling 100% normal but there is no way in hell it would have magically rolled over, even in an emergency maneuver with the busted end link. The sway bar may have amplified the effects of horrible driving, but it was not the root cause of the accident.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Could the sway bar broke and dug into the ground, or interfere with another part of the suspension?

I agree just a sway bar breaking, or end links going blotto would not make a car suddenly flip without a driver panicking.
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

It wont go any lower than the other side would let it, once broken it will stay even
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

there was a piece of cat crap in the road... outlaw cats.

"St. John, who was the lone occupant of the Envoy, was changing lanes from the travel lane to the passing lane when she lost control of the vehicle"

(edit - after yanking steering wheel on high center of gravity vehicle, spilling latte into lap and knee jerking onto brakes, skidding on cat crap and smashing into guardrail and rolling vehicle)
            Last edited by Beagle; January 4, 2012, 11:11 AM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I'd not put a lot of faith in police reports on causes of accidents.

When my brother was killed, the police report claimed that my brother might have been impaired - based upon the unsubstantiated report of the person riding with him that there had been drug use 11 hours prior to the accident. This report was despite two bits of evidence: 1) a passenger in the other car reporting seeing my brother looking down at his phone; and 2) his broken-in-half flip phone that was on the floor of his truck at the tow yard (and the bent steering wheel that he bent in the accident.

Why they do that - is only something Bamf might be able to opine, but from the chair I sit in; unless substantiated by outside evidence, I rarely believe the police reports when it comes to opinions on cause.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I am certain they look for the worst just by sight of a driver. you tube goes nuts on that very subject.
                I have a hit and run,
                a stop sign missing (I ended up having accident by continuing right on past the end of the road)
                an at fault accident...not mine, an elderly lady with a flat on the highway..way under the 45mph...and a drunk driving guy that kept going even after getting hit. me? so perfectly exactly in the middle both mirrors got hit squeezing through. the medal for amazing driver is invisible.

it was obvious to go in one ear, right out the other.

I know soveriegnty of their "brotherhoods", it plays with religion.
                truth is defended by a one and only. No matter what they have built for themselves.
                they make an obvious bad judgement, assume a less than worthy unit entirely...
                bite the tongue.

if that were a young man driving, or heck use me as an example....I would not even be surprised at what jackass procedure to "nail" me for something would emerge.

the crap is already so thick, I get assumed.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                X