Clear All

• a broken sway bar did this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	I95accident-600x358.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	878272
    article link

this is right up the road from me. in fact, the entrance to the highway that drove me to build the "stage 1" old subaru (not a likely sight) is behind the suv about a half mile. 0 to whatever the traffic is has to be fairly quick.

the surprise for me here is that the wheelbase is long for the envoy. A local favorite just for handling. how did this happen?
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 3, 2012, 02:14 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'll take a guess ..... loose nut between the steering wheel and brake pedal?????
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
        I'll take a guess ..... loose nut between the steering wheel and brake pedal?????
        Ding!

Comment

How did they determine that the sway bar "became disconnected" precipitating the accident as opposed to it breaking when the Envoy hit the gaurd rail or during the roll over? Or was it obvious that it had been "disconnected" for some time before the wreck.

These are the kind of stroies that turn into "envoy's are killing people" and, TV ads saying "if you drive a GM envoy call the law offices of Dewey, Cheatem & Howe today!" It's your turn to make a pull on the litigation lottery handle.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
            How did they determine that the sway bar "became disconnected" precipitating the accident as opposed to it breaking when the Envoy hit the gaurd rail or during the roll over? Or was it obvious that it had been "disconnected" for some time before the wreck.

These are the kind of stroies that turn into "envoy's are killing people" and, TV ads saying "if you drive a GM envoy call the law offices of Dewey, Cheatem & Howe today!" It's your turn to make a pull on the litigation lottery handle.

please do, it's been a boring day
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

NBC strikes again ....

Comment

Originally posted by bamfster View Post
                nbc strikes again ....
                ? ? ?

Wtf?
                Last edited by min301; January 3, 2012, 04:34 PM. Reason: Incorrect use of question marks.

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post

that is what got me too.
                  a relative has a geo tracker, short stubby, sitting way up tall. that also broke a front sway bar while driving...did not alter steering. bounced around goofy is all.
                  something is not right in the story.. the envoy long wheel base even with a tie rod problem is still a safe chance.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

high center of gravity. poor operator performance. boon for the service industry.
                    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by min301 View Post
                      ? ? ?

Wtf?
                      My conspiracy theory Bill ....

Comment

no sway bar? what

my 74 chevy 4x4 did not even have a front sway bar do to it being a mud truck at one time in it's life. never once felt like t was going to role over
                        Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                        Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Same reason why 104 Explorer drivers died when their tires blew out. Driver freaked, stabbed brake and yanked wheel; over it went. Driver fail on this too. Their Onstar will narc on them for their faulty driving. This is exactly why GM put them in every car.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The trooper probably just blamed it on the first thing he saw was amiss... The sway bar link was easy to spot once you turn the SUV over. It seems we have found an easier way to diagnose handling problems.

My GMC had no sway bars, I had lots of fun TRYING to roll it over.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ditto Scott Liggett, you got it right!
                              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Working...
                              X