What gives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gives?

I went to buy some oil and transmission fluid from my local parts store yesterday. I woke up with paramedics over me after blacking out from sticker shock at how much prices shot through the roof. 52.00 for a case of 5-30 oil? ATF 5.50 a quart? A crappy 650 CCA battery 79.00? I didn't get out or prison, or wake from a 20 year nap, Charleton Heston wasn't screaming at the bust of the statue of Liberty either. Holy crap, I must be getting old. I don't expect to ever pay .67 a gallon anymore, but give a guy a break. Seafoam is almost 10.00 a can now. I just bought one for 7.00 in November! Is it time to bail on owning a car or what? I ain't driving no stinking Prius or Smart Car either, nor hugging any hippies or trees.
    I'd rather have a bad day at the races, than a good day at work....

I see your problem - Oregon.... it used to be a great place until the hippies moved up from Eugene.

At least you have health care and 55 mph speed limits to keep you safe
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'd look at it as lucky to see prices when they were low.

my first summer driving was a 70s delta88. won't see that again either.

floating along at 10s miles per gallon..5 bucks giving more than five gallons to keep going.

I wonder if all those gas pumps are gone now too. the old ones. the little sotre in the little town had one.

all this in 25 years.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I used to live in the El Paso Texas area, the speed limit was posted at 80 mph on the freeway, and that was a suggestion at best. But talk about being unsafe. Don't get me started with the uninsured motorists in that area. I haven't seen a decent salvage yard in years either, maybe I should have bought that '69 GTX back in '85 for 850.00 that was missing only the motor. Seemed too much at the time, still kickin' myself.

Comment

Its the dirty word no one wants to say...

Inflation.

The future is now, and I can't afford it.
          Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Where's the way back machine when you need it?

Comment

no comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gear Banger View Post
                I used to live in the El Paso Texas area, the speed limit was posted at 80 mph on the freeway, and that was a suggestion at best. But talk about being unsafe. Don't get me started with the uninsured motorists in that area. I haven't seen a decent salvage yard in years either, maybe I should have bought that '69 GTX back in '85 for 850.00 that was missing only the motor. Seemed too much at the time, still kickin' myself.
                go across the river to All-American Auto wrecking. It'll make you cry at some of the stuff in there, but they also have some pretty cool stuff to build
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'll pass for now. Still working on sneaking my Charger on my property without the old lady noticing. How can one hide a 32 foot long '73 Mopar?

Comment

Just so happens I have an Advanced auto parts flyer right here.Marvel mystery is buy one get one free -16 oz ,5 qts -jug Valvoline max life with a purolater filter 17.99 -mail in rebate, 2 for 20 bucks Mobil 1 oil filters and a 10 $ off coupon for purchase over 60 bucks. Gotta shop around I guess.

Comment

my olds requires 790 CCA so I had to buy a 880 CCA battery, hit me for like 130 bux
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I went to advance auto the other day and got three gallons of tranny fluid.The guy behind the counter sais that four gallon is cheaper then three,so I got four.Go figure.
                        Last edited by CaminoKid; January 3, 2012, 07:11 PM.
                        Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Try buying brakleen . $5.49 most places. O'Reilly has sales for $2.99 a can on their brand occasionally

Comment

I don't suppose oil being $102.00 a barrel as of today being any reason.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I buy my batteries from the distributor here in town. I tell them what it's for and ask if they have a blem. New Interstate battery for $40 usually. Don't ask me what makes a battery a blem, I have no idea lol

Comment

Working...
                              X