They're still out there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're still out there!

This was dropped off today at work. It's my next project. Been sitting in a garage at a run down house in town.

It doesn't seem to be in bad shape. It's a 283 2bbl with a powerglide, although it does have a three on the tree column and pedals in place.

It dosent seem to even have any rot through! What a score !

Comment

It's amazing that some of those 200k Barret-Jackson cars started out like that.
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

we got one a billion times worse than that

Comment

That's nice!

A friend found a 210 hardtop 57 recently, had a lot of work done on it about 30 yrs ago and the owner was killed, his mom finally let it go. I hope to work on it this spring some time
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

'Dropped off'..........as in free?

Good score
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Dropped off as in, by the owner lol. I just get paid to work on them.

Comment

6 figure resto
                couldn't imagine paying hourly rates

Comment

i know a guy..... actually i do that has 4 or 5 tri 5 chevy's and enough parts to build that many more. last time i was at his place you could open a door and see nothing but fenders floor to ceiling. that was 7-8 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                    6 figure resto
                    couldn't imagine paying hourly rates
                    Hell, we're cheap compared to the boys in CT or MA. This one is going to be a driver, and he's looking at 75-85K to get it there.

Comment

We just finished this MG TC.

This is a '58 Morgan that I've been working on lately. All new wood and steel body made by us in house.

Yeller with a '59 MGA in tow. I finished this one up and delivered it last week while the roads were decent.

Comment

are you keeping the cast iron glide and 283 ? and generator ?
                        we just ordered 3.08 gears for the nomad

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                          are you keeping the cast iron glide and 283 ? and generator ?
                          we just ordered 3.08 gears for the nomad
                          It is going to be a stock restoration, but I think anywhere we can make upgrades will be acceptable, TH350, dual resevoir m/c, etc. I checked it before I left work and the engine is stuck, but he has another early 283 that runs I can rebuild. It's my understanding these do not have numbers so matching numbers is not possible, only date codes.

Comment

the most solid 57 we ever saw in these parts , and my buddy has been buying them since 1982

Comment

There's a yellow 57 Nomad that makes the rounds at the northeast shows that has a nice patina too. Doesn't look as cool as that one with Radirs and wide whites though.

Comment

Working...
                              X