Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing under ice.

A different way to ice fish.

Some under ice views from beautiful lake Saarijärvi in Vaala, FinlandDivers:Fisherman: Eelis RankkaFisherman's friend: Tommi SalminenBoy with the balloon: Ju...
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
    Matt - you got too much freakin time on your hands!
    Last edited by cstmwgn; January 4, 2012, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
      Yeah, we need to get Matt back down South where you can't walk (or drive) on water for 5 months out of the year. Stir crazy? There it is, gotta be.

And I was about to ask Boxer what that video was about until it got to the very end - OHHHHHHHHHHH, okay.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I didn't get it
        STUGOTS

Comment

The guys are upside down under the water, "down" from our perspective is "up," the bottom of the ice. It takes a while to get there.
          Last edited by pdub; January 4, 2012, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't have the time to wait for the lake to freeze over top of me. :-)
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Can't decide if that's a tampered video or not, as so many are....but it sure is greatly artistic. I was mesmorized...what I think are air bubbles are going DOWN! I was mind-blown, but that's not headline news. Not ever.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                Allen, I got off work at 11:30 PM and it was 5* don't even want to know what the wind chill was. WTF else was there to do?
                "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                  Allen, I got off work at 11:30 PM and it was 5* don't even want to know what the wind chill was. WTF else was there to do?
                  Well Matt, the Canucks and the Crazed Yankees are real fond of those SnowDoo rocket sled things. They say it's fun, going 80 mph down a trail through the woods. When it's 5 degrees. Fun. They say.

Good people, outer space climate. A guy I made great friends with in Dalhousie New Brunswick was nearly insulted, well at least depressed, when I wouldn't ride bitch with him down the trail one weekend. He said, "peewee, I'll even dress you for it." Yeah, like you dress a deer you just shot.

No, thank you. He was bound and determined that he was going to see me entertained over the weekend so he came and picked me up at the motel (the only one within 60 miles). We went out walking, crunching on the permafrost. We were bar hopping on foot. We hit every bar in town, all one of them - the Union Hall. I'm standing outside the building with frozen snot on my lip saying, "Man, I can't go in there, I'm not Union. No way I can go in there."

He all but dragged me inside and yeah it was okay for a beer or four. All the while I was being, let's say "interviewed" about the "Company's" stand on things.

It's different up there, north of Charlotte NC. There's lots to do Matt, you just have to find it!

Yeah, right....
                  Last edited by pdub; January 5, 2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X