No announcement yet.

Well, I Pulled The Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure. I painted a '62 'Vette with it and I used the 3M disposables - went thru several. When I could smell the Inron inside them they got tossed. But we'll probably use a one step urethane - pretty tough and fairly cheap. Also less likely to break up like clear can do down here.

Dan

Comment

Latest update:

I just stopped by Dave's shop and they've made progress. The truck is running like a top and no parts have been swapped (so far). Lift pump is fine, as is the injection pump, computer, injectors, etc.

So here's the deal - once they purged the fuel system at the injectors it fired up and ran perfectly. When Freddy (the mechanic working on The Big Boy (temporary name)) went around our traffic circle - dead. Rebleed and back to running great. They then put $20.00 worth of fuel in it and all is fine - no death on the circle.

So here's the possibilities. Either the fuel gage is WAY off so 3/8+ tank is actually empty or there's a crack/split in the fuel pickup line in the tank such that when the fuel gets below 3/8 or so the lift pump can't draw. Either way the tank comes out tomorrow and we put in a new sender/pickup tube assembly. I'm now curious as to what, exactly, we'll find - stay tuned.

I called the dealer I bought him from and they were great about it. I'm to call them once we have a final diagnosis and price and they promised to work with me on it. I guess we'll see how that translates into $$ but I bought it with no warranty and they didn't tell me to go stuff it so I'm feeling pretty good about them so far.

Both Dave and Fred think it's a SUPER truck - they think I done good. Sort of reassuring as this is my first Diesel truck and I bought it without much knowledge other that what you guys told me (THANKS!!!!) The motor I was very comfortable with but the rest was pretty fuzzy for me.

Dan

Comment

Working...
      X