No announcement yet.

Anybody Into Trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Dad has a helluva truck- Daryl, picture time!
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
      I like a dodge ram, and have owned my fair share...but your vintage rig is light years cooler than any of the ones I have owned...

The lowered stance is killer...nice job man!
      I am liking the old one too.
      the base here had a slant six shortbed, a favorite for the heater, and being quiet. all yearround it was simply a goodone. sitting out near a runway all the winds an weathers.

the sound of planes only proved the dodge really was thicker, ricochet right off instead of through it.. drove it alot.

I thought I would not see one again, and my neighbor happened to have a bent one. lost license for something, took it on a 500 mile trip helping out. I could really drive one forever..give it engines. electrical..steering boxes sucked in all years, but worked. my dads rigs with manual steering felt tighter than a old dodge...but that goes with them I guess.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'm a v-8 s-10 nut after the GTA.I've done three. I will do another. Welcome aboard.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Pics of my newest is under the thread "I Finally Pulled The Trigger" (or something like that). I pick it up tomorrow. There seems to be something wrong with the engine - when I start it it goes "racka-racka-racka". If I was actually computer literate I'd repost the pic here, but......

Got a '98 Dakota 2wd. 318 for sale. It would look nice in your stable.

Dan

Comment

This is one of mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	34 ford ispo shot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	859381
            Solutions are often obvious once you get the questions right.

Comment

Nice trucks!

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              Got a '98 Dakota 2wd. 318 for sale. It would look nice in your stable.
              I remember looking for a v8 Dakota for a while back in 98. I gave up and bought my Ram SS/T. I found 4 or 5 within 3 weeks after I bought my truck. I'd like to have one, but I need it like a hole in the head. Post some pictures of it anyway.

Comment

My brother is doing this one, stuffing a 360 in it when he gets around to it.

I have two shortbox 2wd trucks, and a couple 4x4s. The 76 has a 454/700R4/3.73 12 bolt, the 88 has a 4.3/700R4 and is probably getting an LS swap, either a 5.3 or a 6.0 when I find one I can afford.

Comment

I never owned a truck, but growing up in Nebraska half my friends had them. I always like the 70's era Dodges. My buddy Bob Leach had one that was the luxury version of the Lil Red Express truck. It was pretty damned fast too. Here's a pic of it out in the street.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

my daily

and the one thats getting all the love now.

the two we work everyday
                    Last edited by kyhunter89; January 7, 2012, 12:22 AM.
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Dang, that shortbed boxy Dodge is sweet.

Do I like trucks? Ummmm yes... I have 4 currently on the road, 4 more parts trucks, and I just picked up a 78 Bronco that will be on the road soon.

Here's my 2wd: Its a '79 longbed with a 3/5 drop, warmed over 460, and built C6. Still wears the original paint, but it is due for paint soon.

Name:	IMG_1152.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	859384

The rest of my trucks are all 4x4s. Here is the '79 beater I call Ugly. Its an F350 with a Dana 60 front, 10.25 rear, mild 460, and built C6. I built it to withstand a nuclear bomb attack... haha! So far I haven't been able to break it, maybe I'm not trying hard enough. I pull it in the local stock class truck pulls during the summer. The 77 F350 dumper is in the background.

Name:	IMG_1520.jpg
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	859385

My daily. It get run hard and put away wet. Doesn't mind either. It has a trailer on it a lot.

Name:	IMG_1770.jpg
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	859386

The new toy:

Name:	0105122322.jpg
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	859387

Old trucks:

Name:	scan0011-1.jpg
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	859388

Name:	IMG_0662.jpg
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	859389

Name:	IMG_0791.jpg
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	859390
                      Still plays with trucks....

Comment

A few trucks I used to own

and the latest, a 57 single wheel one ton, with a 59 fleetside bed, shortened frame, 86 suburban rear suspension and axle, and a mild 454 mill connected to the original granny 4 speed.

Last edited by squirrel; January 7, 2012, 06:49 AM.
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Truckwise I've owned nothing but S-10's..

The All American 1991 S-10.

R.I.P. All American S-10

1991 Sonoma from North Carolina. Was gonna put a V8 in it, but I found an 86 for that instead.

86 S-10, the new V8 S-10 project.

Comment

Originally posted by ford141 View Post
                            Dang, that shortbed boxy Dodge is sweet.
                            Thanks. I've always loved the sheetmetal on the 1972-1980 Dodge trucks. I always thought they were gorgeous when others called them ugly.

Originally posted by ford141 View Post
                            Here's my 2wd: Its a '79 longbed with a 3/5 drop, warmed over 460, and built C6. Still wears the original paint, but it is due for paint soon.

I love it! The dropped stance is perfect. I used to think those trucks were ugly. Not anymore.

I have a soft place in my heart for 70's Ford trucks. My Papaw had a 1977 F-100 Custom. It was that green color that was popular. It was a bare bones truck. It had power steering, an inline 6, and nothing else, not even a radio. I'll always have that F O R D radio block off plate burned into my mind. After he died in 1997, my mamaw sold it for $500 without first asking anybody if they wanted it! I remember her saying, "If I'd have known you wanted it, I'd have given it to you." I was bummed out to say the least. It was rust free, had good paint, and ran perfectly.

Squirrel, your trucks are all very cool too.

Keep them coming guys!
                            Last edited by M Kevin; January 7, 2012, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Here are a few more pictures of my trucks.

I bought the SS/T brand new on April 11, 1998. It has been babied and has spent 98% of its life inside. It has around 58,500 on the odometer right now. I've never hauled anything in the bed. It doesn't even have the infamous dash crack!

Comment

<<<<< My baby is a 2005 Silverado SS My next truck project will be dubbed The Prius Pusher: a large Brian Lohnes-style truck (International or military vehicle) with a cattle pusher and train horn...heh heh.
                                Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Working...
                                X