Anybody Into Trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 67pete300 View Post
    Nice trucks gents. I'm hoping to become a truck owner soon. As of next summer I'll have room and reason to get one. I'm on the lookout for something like this. Different colors would be better but you get the idea. Unmolested and stock looking.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7630[/ATTACH]
    I have a 2wd 3/4 ton camper special, circa 1986. Its in decent shape, I used the 454 from it for the 76, but it isnt in too bad of shape. I could put the rat back in it, paint it whatever color you like, and then I would have one less thing in my yard. Or I could build it to suit what you want.

Comment

Here is one I had that I miss. It had the 12 valve Cummins and a 5 speed. After I sold my enclosed trailer, I really had no use for it other than taking the trash off once a month. A 5'x10' utility trailer is much cheaper to maintain than a 1997 Dodge dually.

Comment

My first, and current, truck

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04342.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	859415
        "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

as of right now I have 3 trucks in my driveway - 56 F100, 90 S10, and a 91 chevy fullsize reg cab long bed work truck - ive owned a bunch of trucks from 1954 to present day.... im gunna try to remember then all

78 gmc
          91 mistu mighty max
          93 toyota 2wd - custom full blown show truck
          83 isuzu p'up
          88 ford ranger
          89 dodge D-50
          92 ford ranger
          89 mazda x-cab
          83 ford ranger
          85 ford ranger
          80 ford courier
          81 ford courier
          85 chevy suburban x 2
          54 gmc
          85 toyota
          08 gmc canyon

i think thats it, but im prolly forgetting something
          Last edited by BOOOGHAR; January 8, 2012, 12:14 PM.
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

ok i forgot a couple LOL, so I'll pix i can find of the ones ive had

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I've only had one truck so far, a 1946 Chevy 3/4-ton without the bed, made into a flatbed like this.
              A guy saw it in storage and offered to double my investment ... I took it.
              $$$

Last edited by Monster; January 8, 2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

I have two right now- a 99 Dodge 3500 that is rough as a cob. The 24V cummins in it run great though. The other is my 65 C10 that you can see in my garage. It is about to get upgraded with a 489 Chevy in it.
                Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

I've had more than I remember - most of them were work horses. The current is a 2001 F350 CC LB SRW with a 7.3 powerstroke I rebuilt, I think that thread is long gone from here. I hope to keep this one 10 years. I've dubbed it "Lee's Limo" since it has tinted windows, it's 21ft long - and the biggest reason we got it to replace the supercab - was getting him into and out of the backseat in his car seat.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

You pulled a fast one with that car seat excuse. Slick.

This came to me like this.

Met up with these.

And is now one of these.

I drive this often. Its all 1 ton truck underneath with a LQ4 and 4L80e. Does it count as a truck? I use it like one....

Used to have this. 4BT Turbo Cummins powered with an aluminum body, fairly quick with the fuel turned up.

My first trucks. Now belong to my sons.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Very into trucks. I have 3 right now. Two GM's and a Nissan.

I just picked up the 71 Chevy this weekend. It is a long bed that I will make a short bed. I have to do some rust repair but it was cheap.

I've had the 84 GMC for a while. It has had a basic lowered suspension. Air ride and now I'm back to steel springs.

The Nissan is a hand me down. Other than lowering it it is stock and will probably stay that way.
                      Lon. HazelGreen Ala.

Comment

You betcha I like trucks

Click image for larger version

Name:	My Hot Rod.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	859431
                        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

I used ours to widen the front gate a few months back...
                          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Trucks ARE tools after all Gail...... glad you found a new use for one! (Hope everyone involved was okay, gate/truck/driver.)
                            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                              Trucks ARE tools after all Gail...... glad you found a new use for one! (Hope everyone involved was okay, gate/truck/driver.)
                              OMG! Worse than texting while driving is delirious laughter with your 16 yr old daughter!
                              I was driving Loren's stick shift dually We had been laughing at something since I picked her up. Upon entering the driveway I cut the corner on the right to sharp and took out the gate post and really marred up the dually fender, we didn't hear it at first because we were laughing too much!

Then I thought I would just go hide it behind the palm tree, duh, you can't really hide a truck behind a palm tree, especially when Loren is watching you do it!

Now really I should probably not drive the stick shift dually when I am not actively involved with getting Hay or going to Home Depot, then I am more likely to have my wide truck hat on!

~Gail
                              Last edited by LORENSWIFE; January 9, 2012, 05:03 PM.
                              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

One of the many advantages of being a cutie-pie is that you can get forgiven readily. If I'D done that to Loren's big truck he'd have taken a pound of flesh (or maybe pounded my flesh). At least it wasn't the '59.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X