Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Into Trucks?

I just joined this forum. It looks fun.

I thought I would ask if anybody is into pickup trucks. I have gotten to where I like lowered 2wd short bed pickups better than muscle cars. I see quite a few nice older trucks locally. I've noticed 80's Chevies and 70's Fords are getting more popular.

I picked this truck up a little over a year ago. You see Fords and Chevies (nothing wrong with that), but you never see Dodges of this vintage. When I take it out, people notice it because most 70's-80's Dodges are beat.

It is a slant 6 truck that has been converted to big block. It currently has a smog era 440 under the hood. I have lowered it 4"/6", swapped the wheels, and fixed a few small things. I am currently rounding up parts for a 451 (400 block/440 crank) build up.

I also have this truck that I bought brand new. It is a 1998. In that time, I've only lowered it. I spent too much money building my 1985 Shelby Charger and didn't have the money or time for my truck.

Nice iron, man!!!!

There's lots of us here that love some pick 'em up action!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

welcome aboard ya there is some truck guys here.nICE LOOKING TRUCKS , he is mine
      Attached Files

Comment

I love that '67 C. I'm a Mopar guy at heart, but I'm also a big fan of the 67-72 GM trucks. I've seen a few really nice mid 80's GM trucks that have gotten me to digging those too.

Comment

Thanks if it makes ya feel better about the bowtie love it has a 440 in it. it is a 440 CI small chevy lol.I dig tho older boxy dodges like yours too buddy had one growing up always good.

Comment

I'd take a picture of my truck, but I'm too busy using it to haul parts
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by M Kevin View Post
              I just joined this forum. It looks fun.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7582[/ATTACH]

That's badass, welcome to Bangshift.
              Attached Files

Comment

Welcome!

My 5.0/T5 Ranger:

Video: I finally rev it at the end...
                Last edited by Teddyzee; January 6, 2012, 05:31 PM.
                1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                1997 Mustang GT
                sigpic

Comment

Nice Ranger. That 5.0 looks like it was born there.

Comment

Nice selection of Trucks gentlemen! Love em all! Here is my 1/2 ton Ford...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yea 1 minutes its this, then the next it something else and about 3 more in between!!!

Comment

I'm into trucks.....this is Earl......383/5-speed/3:73 posi/28,000 miles. Welcome to BS, you're gonna love it here!

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

sadly, it's dirty, and there's a tree growing out of it's snout... I love it, and it never got a chance to not be a truck:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000307-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	859380
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I like a dodge ram, and have owned my fair share...but your vintage rig is light years cooler than any of the ones I have owned...

The lowered stance is killer...nice job man!
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Big Dad sees the Mopart Hauler he'll get a woodie.
                              Welcome aboard - lotsa stagecoaches here.
                              Here's the one I like the most - kinda dance with what brung ya.

and the one I drive the most -
                              Last edited by 70chevyC-10; January 6, 2012, 06:46 PM.
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                              X