Props for Bangshift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props for Bangshift

I got the chance to visit the Los Angeles area for the first time in my 60 plus years. This has been an eye opening experience to say the least. My daughter got a one year assignment to her companies LA office so she asked me to ride with her from her home in Washington DC.
    Now that we got her settled and before I leave for the sunny confines of the Buffalo, NY area on Sunday I got a chance to explore a little. Stop one was the Petersen Museum which was good to see. Stop two was the So Cal Speed shop and then off to the NHRA Museum.
    As we got in the door the lady asked where we were from so in conversation I mentioned this board. She went way out of her way to say how You guys do a live feed and how great you are. Congrats!!!

Looking forward to getting back for the Fathers day show in June if the stars align.
    Solutions are often obvious once you get the questions right.

Let me know if you want a tour guide before you head back.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
      Let me know if you want a tour guide before you head back.

Thanks Scott we still have a small detail for her apartment to take care of on Saturday and I am leaving Sunday. Perhaps when I get back in June. Again thanks for the earlier PM info it put Mrs Happy and I at ease before we left for this coast.

Joe

Comment

Tell Mrs Happy that LaLa Land isn't as crazy as the rumor mill says.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Tell Mrs Happy that LaLa Land isn't as crazy as the rumor mill says.
          What about Hollyweird Scott? Like the 99 percent gives the other 1 percent a bad reputation....or so it seems east of there....
          Last edited by pdub; January 7, 2012, 01:17 PM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

It's always the 1%-ers giving everyone a bad rep. But, I've found the ones who hate LA the most, have never been here. Dorks giving opinions on something they know zero about. It's as stupid as saying you don't like someone you've never met.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Jeez how bad could it be nice cars and weather and chicks !

Comment

I will say that after spending the week here I feel that this is just like everywhere else. The only difference I have seen is that there are more people than I am used to. I was apprehensive about all the stories you read but is no different than any other big city. And to be honest many small cities are getting to be the same these days. I look forward to coming back.

Comment

It's always the 1%-ers giving everyone a bad rep. But, I've found the ones who hate LA the most, have never been here. Dorks giving opinions on something they know zero about. It's as stupid as saying you don't like someone you've never met.
                  Scott I AM a dork. I can take that in good humor, no problem. Look up "Dork" in the dictionary, and it has my photo beside the term. Yes.

My opinionated stance on the Left Coast is limited to the extensive stay that I had there for one single week.

I smoke. I was out on the motel balcony smoking at sunrise because you can't smoke in the room. A guy came along and gave me the third degree three ways from Sunday for smoking. I was messing up the environment, and his "lifelong partner" (read into that what you will) died from smoking and essentially I was going to hell for smoking a cigarette. He railed me until he was out of breath, and finished with, "But I guess you didn't need to hear all of that."

All I said was, "I didn't ask for it."

That was in Seattle. Scott, you're right, I know nothing about LA. That's a lot further south from Seattle.
                  Last edited by pdub; January 7, 2012, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Street sign in Burbank, which is outside of a building. Sheese, and no, that is my hand .

"Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

HAHahahahahHAhHAHHAhHAH!

Comment

Peewee,I had a lady in PA do that to me once in a McDonalds parking lot.TOld me I was bothering her and all the BullSh*&. I told her if she was so concerned about her health she shouldnt eat MC Donalds. She carried on I gave her the bird and went and got an Egg mcmuffin. People don't do this stuff in NY I've never had anything like that happen to me near home.

Comment

Working...
                        X