Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brian & Chad: Special request, please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
    How about just not pushing the big red button?
    We've all done it, but it's our own fault. Not a fault of the site.

Well..... to some extent, that's true.

There is also a weird combo of keys, (no mouse clicking involved) or combo of my fat hand or wrist on the laptop touchpad, the backspace button, and some other mystery key that makes text DISAPPEAR with no notice, and no intentional/unintentional clicking of the big red button...

also happens sometimes if I'm wearing a long-sleeved shirt, and the cuff touches the keypad, effectively moving the mouse unintentionally...

And my laptop doesn't have a trackball, center nub, or mouse, so I'm stuck with the touchpad, and its inherent 'occasional' inadvertant cursor movement.

Just wish there were a pop-up box that said "Do you REALLY want to delete this?" before it actually deleted it.
    Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

So why do you click on the red button the 2nd time you see it, and not the first time? :o)

If you clicked on it the first time you wouldn't see it a second time when you've typed your reply ;)

I do agree it can be confusing.
      This button -> Reply should be better named Quick Reply.
      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

...And, while looking at my non-working typed smilies, I also find it kinda sad we don't have a good working set of smilies yet here.
        I wish I could have access to the smilie-folder and settings of the forum so this can be changed into a bit more usefull set of smilies like I have on my own forums.
        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

The other night, I'm not sure if it was that button that got me or what, but I typed up the meaning of life, the history of the world, and the location of the holy grail, and when I got through I was logged out, or timed out, one or the other. POOF. Like it never happened. I'll never figure that one out. And can't get back to those words again. Lost.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar View Post
            So why do you click on the red button the 2nd time you see it, and not the first time? :o)
            2 options are one too many for this simple mind.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
              2 options are one too many for this simple mind.
              Tedly,you're awesome
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Just do what I do and cover it up with a piece of electrical tape.
                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

We're working on a project that has us kind of tied up on the changing stuff end until the 15th, but after that I think we can do this.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Move it to the top, right under the headers/banner. If you're at the bottom and want to reply, there is a reply button on each post. That's my "from the couch" recommendation.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Let me get this straight. You guys type a novel in a reply and instead of hitting the button that says "Post Quick Reply", you hit the "Reply to Thread" instead and lose everything you type? Am I getting this right?

If that is the case then get into the habit of highlighting the scribbles, then right click and hit copy. Then hit whatever button. If it's the wrong one, then you can just right click again and hit paste.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        Let me get this straight. You guys type a novel in a reply and instead of hitting the button that says "Post Quick Reply", you hit the "Reply to Thread" instead and lose everything you type? Am I getting this right?

If that is the case then get into the habit of highlighting the scribbles, then right click and hit copy. Then hit whatever button. If it's the wrong one, then you can just right click again and hit paste.
                        Dude, I can barely remember to be fully dressed when I leave the house. How the hell do you expect me to think that far ahead?
                        Last edited by tedly; January 8, 2012, 09:24 PM.
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

i just clicked it now wile tring to post this saying that i hit it at least once a day lol
                          Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

i havent done that yet.................. well crap i guess I have
                            COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Working...
                            X