my new Holly carb install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new Holly carb install

My vette had a Holley 600DP and it ran OK.
    I bought a polished 750 vacuum Holley from Jegs and installed it last nite and the engine almost started by itself and ran perfect!
    The floats were perfect as was the idle and air adjustments.
    I messed with everything just to make it run bad so I could get it to run good!
    I have built alot of Holleys but A new one beats them all.
    My next step is an adjustable vacuum secondary pod on the side, that should be fun to mess with.

Nice!

I pulled a trashed walbro off my 610 McCulloch last year and put a brand new one on it, and while I've rebuilt a garbage truck full of them and had them run pretty dang nice, it was great to just bolt one on and have it work perfect! It had sat for 5 years and started second pull... I Love new carburetors.
    Last edited by Beagle; January 7, 2012, 09:49 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I've found if one of my Holleys doesn't work right, I just put it back to stock from the factory settings and nine times out of ten it works perfect.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
        I've found if one of my Holleys doesn't work right, I just put it back to stock from the factory settings and nine times out of ten it works perfect.
        I do agree with that.
        Take out 10 peoples 10 ways of doing something!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
          I agree there too.

there is a film, sometimes taking days..most often a meter.
          toluene and some diesel..let it sit, else rebuilds aren't rebuilding anyhting.

the rubber stuff is a loser.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

This has to be the number one arguement for a carb guy on the efi vs carb debate. Take it out of the box, bolt it on, and go.
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

It would be nice if you could bolt on EFI with your stock tank, lines and fuel pump, rev the engine 1 time to set it from idle to the moon and drive!

Comment

Pretty much what the MSD atomic efi set up does. Hey you have to read the ads that help pay the bills here.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                  Pretty much what the MSD atomic efi set up does. Hey you have to read the ads that help pay the bills here.
                  I checked first day. I would love setup like that. I kept a singular point injection from a subaru.. simplest ever. the atomic is closest..but huge.
                  i would hope for a common two barrel.

that would be more sales than the four...but hey, it not about staying afloat and making sense.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I've fixed ill-starting, bad-running, black-smoking, untunable Holleys with new idle mixture screw gaskets.

But I can't afford a new carb.
                    Last edited by oddjob; January 7, 2012, 07:19 PM. Reason: found the hyphen key

Comment

What does it mean if you turn the air idle screws all the way in and it doesn't change anything?
                      Thats what the 600 did i just took off.

Comment

Check your secondary transfer slots.
                        Originally posted by TC
                        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by skullbucket View Post
                          What does it mean if you turn the air idle screws all the way in and it doesn't change anything?
                          Thats what the 600 did i just took off.
                          If it's running really rich, like burns your eyes standing by the tail pipe rich, you could've blown your power valve. If not, it means the transfer slots n the primary venturis are uncovered by the throttle blades at idle. Maybe need to open secondary throttle blades a bit more to get the idle speed you want.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X