No announcement yet.

First Ever BangShift Gathering and Party and Concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just forwarded this thread to Cleveland. Last I heard from him, he was going to ask his boss for the time off, but I haven't heard back from him as to whether or not it has been approved.

Yeah, I can learn those songs. You wanna I should sing 'em, or you wanna I should just play 'em?

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
      I just forwarded this thread to Cleveland. Last I heard from him, he was going to ask his boss for the time off, but I haven't heard back from him as to whether or not it has been approved.

Yeah, I can learn those songs. You wanna I should sing 'em, or you wanna I should just play 'em?

Ron
      If you can blow snot into a rag, you can sing better than I can. I'm not proud, I know the truth. I just wanna play!
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• I haven't played bass in 15 years so I'll do everyone a favor and NOT sign up for that. Besides, I'll probably have to leave early to tow down to Wilmington OH. I can bring the Rickenbacker 4001 if that would help - maybe we can find an operator. We can Redball it back to Wilmington NC eventually.

Dan

Comment

• Whichs leads us back to...what time on that day is the gathering officially underway? What say thee Mike C? It's your walls for us to invade and tear to shreds and leave litter everywhere....let alone destroy your local reputation.

Comment

• So, How is your stupid gathering, party, concert planning going?
            I am really not happy that y'all are so far away! This will be the funnest ever!
            Maybe talk Mr Lohnes into to doing a live video!!!
            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

• Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
              So, How is your stupid gathering, party, concert planning going?
              I am really not happy that y'all are so far away! This will be the funnest ever!
              Oh my goodness Gail.....A live feed? The heck with the kickoff to the Power Tour, we're here live at Mike's elaborate shop covering the greatest demented social event since...ever!"

I'm sure Brian or Chad would do extremely well with the commentary. "We're here live on the scene. And who are you?" "Well, I just heard about the party from folks at the airport so I just showed up. What IS a Bangshift?"

Oh yeah. Oh yeah. I hope Mike C's got good property insurance....
              Last edited by pdub; January 24, 2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• dubbers....

If you are game, let's give this one a shot:

Recorded at The Melting Point in Athens Ga. 12-01-2010 with permission.

Ron
                It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

• Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                  So, How is your stupid gathering, party, concert planning going?
                  Gail, they have these things called "airplanes" and they fly regularly from CA to the Detroit area. And I KNOW we can arrange a pick up at the airport (that's where they land those "airplanes") and a ride to Brighton. Try it, you'll like it. We'd LOVE to have you and that bum you live with, too (says the guy who may or may not be able to make it).

Dan
                  Last edited by DanStokes; January 25, 2012, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
                    dubbers....

If you are game, let's give this one a shot:

Recorded at The Melting Point in Athens Ga. 12-01-2010 with permission.

Ron

Oh hell yes. If you can play Tab's licks and sing it I can add some slide for flavor. That song only need a little bit more noise, and I'm thinking slide between the lines and licks, not to overdo....

Or I can play Tab's licks...no, you play 'em and sing. I'll backfill with slide. That's a cool song. I don't even need to practice that one. I could backfill right now. Today. This minute. I can nearly hear it already. Haven't played in front of the video for legal confirmation of my claim. But have no doubt.

Comment

• So, with such a major assemblage of musical personnel (who's on bass and drums?) we should maybe think about stage names, blues names. I got this on email from HEMI today, a reference chart for determining your stage name without having to even think about it. It's cool - I'm Skinny Legs Brown!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blues Name Chart.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	859903

Comment

• Boney Harp Hopkins here - and I'll be present and accounted for on the percussion side of this shindig!

Gail - you and Loren fly in - I'll pick you up at the airport and drive you to Brighton - I live 15 minutes from Detroit Metro.... c'mon down!
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Peg Leg Eyes Davis.... doesn roll off the tongue
                          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Big Hips Jenkins...Should be 'Fake Hips Jenkins'.
                            Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

• Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                              Peg Leg Eyes Davis.... doesn roll off the tongue
                              HahahHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neal, you got screwed....is that what holds your Peg Leg on?

Comment

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                                Boney Harp Hopkins here - and I'll be present and accounted for on the percussion side of this shindig!

Gail - you and Loren fly in - I'll pick you up at the airport and drive you to Brighton - I live 15 minutes from Detroit Metro.... c'mon down!
                                Hey John, bring your favorite sticks. I've only got jazz sticks, the skinny ones with the bulb toward the hold-it end, they look like a skinny snake that swallowed an egg or something. I've broken one of them and I don't hit hard. And if you're not already used to playing an electric kit, all of the pads are the same. You can do a roll on any of them, feels sorta like a snare drum or practice pads. Rubber. And the "cymbals" are the same.

I'm not a drummer at all, but I'll bet there's a big "feel" difference to a purist. The cymbals are not rock hard and the floor tom is not soft and thumpy, by feel through the sticks. I do have a couple of stereo pads that you can do a rim shot on and make a different sound come out.
                                Last edited by pdub; January 26, 2012, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X