No announcement yet.

First Ever BangShift Gathering and Party and Concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I drove through Gary ONCE, I think it was Rt 20. Wouldn't go back through there again. Seemed like it was a bunch of sketchy areas with a couple of truck stops and strip joints. Glad we stayed on the outskirts!

Comment

• Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
      I've got to go through Chicago AND Gary
      I feel your pain Matt...Remember, many people do survive that route
      Donna
      Williamston, MI
      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Mike & Donna - Good to see your smilin' faces on here. Hope all is well in your world.

I'm going to try REALLY HARD to make this deal - gonna be epic for sure.

Dan
        Thanks Dan...I don't get over here (out) much. Hope you can make it so we can meet up again
        Donna
        Williamston, MI
        Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• I'm already staring at maps and rubbing on this pile of sound equipment and sizing it up to fit in Bubb a the Truck (can you tell I'm excited about this?).

The particulars: It depends on how many people will be playing at one time. The line in the sand is a handy little 6 channel powered PA head, and a 16 channel powered board with a 12 channel snake. Huge difference in the seriousity of the setup. We could mix on the "stage" with the big board, or if we use the snake somebody will have to run sound. I could do it when I'm not playing.

I've got three bass amps, 2 50 watts and one practice bass amp that we could mic to the board. The practice bass amp makes a good monitor forClick image for larger version

Name:	Drums1 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	859671 the electric drums. We could use one for the bass and one for the keyboard. I can bring a bass if somebody wants to play it.

And the drums:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Drums1 002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	859670

I'm already thinking that with all the other stuff, if I'm bringing this kit, I'll have to take it apart to make it fit on the tail of the truck. The only stipulation is, if somebody wants to play it bad enough, they'll have to put it back together. It took me three days messing with it to get it the way I wanted it when I forst bought it. But I've seen guys put one together in 20 minutes before a show because they already knew what they were doing.

I know it's early, WAY early, but before we roll we'll need a better idea of how many folks will be playing at one time. And I know it's a jam but I'd like some semblance of a song list, so I can figure ahead of time which tunes I may be able to help with.

Is this gonna be fun or what? Mike C is already my hero, four and a half months ahead of time...
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• I will volunteer to be the drunk in the audience.....
            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by 65longroof View Post
              I drove through Gary ONCE, I think it was Rt 20. Wouldn't go back through there again. Seemed like it was a bunch of sketchy areas with a couple of truck stops and strip joints. Glad we stayed on the outskirts!
              I live about 20 miles south of Gary....it's all chicken shacks and pawn shops...lol, like a mini Detroit. Believe it or not it was once a very nice city with some cool old buildings....some are still there. It really went south after the steel mills slowed down. Indiana Dunes is still one of my favorite quick little get aways.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

• Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                I will volunteer to be the drunk in the audience listening to the drunks on stage.....
                Fixed it for ya, Neal!

Ron
                It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

• Which reminds me.... Cleveland doesn't drink. If I can talk him into going, I have a DD!

Ron
                  It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

• Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                    I will volunteer to be the drunk in the audience.....
                    and just so you are not alone, i will sit next to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                      I've got to go through Chicago AND Gary
                      Just tell everyone you're there to see the birthplace of Michael Jackson -
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by IOWA552SLOW View Post
                        Bring wood percussion sticks and we can all hope they play Magic Bus -
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by IOWA552SLOW View Post
                          If you see this rolling up, you know it's game on.
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by iowa552slow View Post
                            freebird!!!
                            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                              If you see this rolling up, you know it's game on.
                              That cooler has Cred !
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Hey Ron,

If you get Cleveland there, I'm serious, I'll set up my part of the equipment and just watch and enjoy.

But there's at least two I'd like to try. I wanna do Johhnny B Goode in A. And I wanna do Johnny Winter's version of the Lonnie Brooks song, "Don't Take Advantage of Me" in D.

I'm getting the fingers back in shape, man it sure does hurt physically to "start to play" again. Wow, fingertips. OUCH!

And who's going to drive me to the motel afterward? Maybe I can sleep in Mike C's parking lot in Bubba the Truck if he allows hillbilly vagrants.......or I may actually be responsible for an evening and just enjoy the moment. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Ron, those two songs, see if you can work them up. We have plenty of time. Those are the two frontman songs I'd like to do. Just like old times.

Edit: Have we ID'ed a bass player yet? Somebody's gotta play bass. Or I can (try, at least)....except for the two songs I wanna do up front.
                                Last edited by pdub; January 23, 2012, 03:39 PM.
                                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                                X