First Ever BangShift Gathering and Party and Concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Ever BangShift Gathering and Party and Concert

I've been reading and laughing at and enjoying stuff here on BS for over two years, I think. And really messing up some of it with my unknowledgable two cents.

It's one of my habits. I come home from work, shoot pool, and then check BS.

On another thread, in the natural flow and course of things, I got inspired. I've met about 8 or 10 BSers in person, and was thrilled and delighted with the experience every time. Typing on the computer is one thing, but that's not totally human if you're on the other end of it.

Inspired, I propose the first ever intentional gathering of all possible Bangshifters. From the other thread, here's what we've come up with:

Ron Ward says we need a stage and some AC power for a jam session. (I second that)

Ed said we should do it at 6:00.

I said we should do it in June.

Dan Stokes said we should do it at a site he knows of in Auburn, IL.

We need more input and commitment from the rest of the clan. A BangShift gathering, for no other reason than to get together? Hell yeah

I'm telling y'all I'm IN.

Who's in? And more fine tuning....
    Last edited by pdub; January 7, 2012, 03:06 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Y'all must think I'm joking, I joke a lot, but this time I'm not.

HEY! HEEEEYYYY!!!!! Somebody say something dadgummit, because I'm inspired and that doesn't happen but every few years.

HEY!!!!!!!!! ..........hello?

Comment

Auburn, IL in June @ 6:00 works for me........is that AM or PM?
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Hopefully p.m.

Somebody has to say a day of the month.

And who else is in?
        Last edited by pdub; January 7, 2012, 03:59 PM.

Comment

How about a tie in with a event, ECTA meet or day before drag week.

Comment

Absolutely, whatever works. Dan knows about the right place to hold the gathering, we'll have to work with him when to book it whenever. Money's not a problem. We can work that out later or ahead of time. I'm saying, we can make this happen. I'm REAL serious.
            Last edited by pdub; January 7, 2012, 04:14 PM.

Comment

I tried to make this same sort of thing happen at Maxton, but it didn't materialize....guys, we can DO it. Yes, we CAN!

Comment

4 hours from me...
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

The new location for the ECTA events is a reasonable distance for me. If we were to tie in to one of those, I might be able to get down there for it.

But if ends up being Auburn, that is about 12 hours for me ... doable, but less likely.

cheers
                  Ed N.
                  Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                  07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                  88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                    4 hours from me...
                    So, Tedly, in or out?

I'm driven to make this happen. I'm damned serious. And it'll be a whole heap of fun when we can all get together.

But we need a day of the month that matches with ECTA or drag week or whatever, because I fully intend to run Red on The Mile. Somebody say a day of the month in June that'll work for that. That's one more piece of the puzzle.

Comment

It will all depend on work for me. I don't have any vacation or personal days until June, and we work a lot of Saturday shifts. If I can work it out I'm in. I won't know for sure until shortly before it happens though.
                      I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
                        The new location for the ECTA events is a reasonable distance for me. If we were to tie in to one of those, I might be able to get down there for it.

But if ends up being Auburn, that is about 12 hours for me ... doable, but less likely.

cheers
                        Ed N.
                        So is there anything closer together, to tie the party and the Mile together? Dan?

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                          It will all depend on work for me. I don't have any vacation or personal days until June, and we work a lot of Saturday shifts. If I can work it out I'm in. I won't know for sure until shortly before it happens though.
                          Same for me really, but I DO have vacation time, and if I tell the Bigs right now, "I have to have this week in June" so far ahead of time, I think I'll be able to do it, no matter what's going on at work, since I said so far ahead of time.

Comment

I'm confused. You're saying have it in Auburn, IL. and tie it in with the ECTA event
                            Originally posted by peewee View Post
                            But we need a day of the month that matches with ECTA or drag week or whatever, because I fully intend to run Red on The Mile. Somebody say a day of the month in June that'll work for that. That's one more piece of the puzzle.
                            How does that work with the gathering in IL. and the ECTA in OH.?

If it does happen in Auburn I can pick you up Tedly on the way if you want.
                            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Okay...hold on. Stop. We're doing this thing backward.

Let's base it around the ECTA event. Now, where and when do we have the concert and gathering and party during the ECTA event?

My bad, I convoluted the whole thing. Okay, so where's the gathering? What day? Date, time, location, so we can book it.
                              Last edited by pdub; January 7, 2012, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X