How Do You Move a Pic.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Move a Pic.....

From AOL to here? My buddy Norm did a great rendering of the new truck (see "Well, I Pulled The Trigger") with the proposed new color scheme and I'd like to get the drawing on that thread. Norm is EXCELLENT with the rendering deal and it's good enough to use as a guide for the new paint.

I should add - it's a JPEG file and I can't get it to drop anywhere, like on my desktop. I copied it but it won't drop into Iphoto or anything else I tried.

Remember, I'm on a MAC and I'm a computer idiot.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; January 9, 2012, 06:54 AM.

pm sent
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Take a picture of your computer screen with your camera, then do the normal things you'd do to put a picture on here.

Or do whatever Beag suggests, I heard that he understands computers a little bit
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        pm sent
        Don't be that way Beags ... share with the rest of us computer ignorant too ....
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

please don't share, I don't want to know anything about using aol
          My fabulous web page

Comment

Thanks for all the great input, guys. ME figured it out first and the rendering is now posted. All I had to do was double click on the pic and select "save as" from the drop down menu. Then I put it on the desktop and proceeded as normal. Easy once you know how.

Turns out it really wasn't an AOL thing.

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; January 9, 2012, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Get a Microsoft mouse, then you can right-click to do that stuff, just like with windows.
              My fabulous web page

Comment

love my photobucket

Comment

right click save
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

They took away our MACs at EPA some years back. We all started on MACs and some idiot in DC decided we had to be on the "Government Standard" computer, some PC-based hunk of crap. I made the statement at that time that I'd give up my MAC when they pried my cold, dead finger off my one-button mouse.

Eventually they came and drug my MAC off in the middle of the night. I learned to function (barely) on the POS PC but I never liked it. They had to expand the desktop support group exponentially following the switch but they were willing to live with the expanded payroll. False economy.

I keep threatening to get a MAC mouse with a scroll wheel - THAT would be handy. But 1 button is fine with me. As usual, this time it was the operator.

Dan
                    Last edited by DanStokes; January 9, 2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

All along you've wanted a Microsoft multi-button mouse....my brother's been using them on his MACs for years. Function over form
                      My fabulous web page

Comment

I bought my wife a MAC laptop for Christmas and honestly I don't understand all the hoopla........And some of the operations are just ass backwards.....Like with the mouse pad, on a PC laptop you just double tap the pad lightly and it pulls stuff up, on the MAC you actually have to "press" the pad down a couple of times to do that function, which made setup a bit difficult because I had to navigate all the screens using the keyboard, until I figured out how the mouse worked.......Then there was this stupid voice tutorial BS that just kept talking and talking, it took me a bit to even find its program settings and then when I did it didn't have a turn off button under its setting to turn it off, that ended up being in a whole different program. I can go on.....but what it comes down to is I really don't see how a MAC is simpler or better to use than a PC............

And since both PC and Macs use Intel chips, it's really an issue of the operating system.......And don't even get going on Safari..........
                        Last edited by TC; January 9, 2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Dan, don't let these guys try and drag you into the dark side! They don't have grass overthere so it can never be greener!
                          Let them watch through their 'Windows' onto our Apple green grass...!

Besides, there are already about 109 keys on an Apple keyboard... why would you need another one on your mouse?
                          'CTRL-click' works perfectly!
                          Last edited by BigBlockMopar; January 9, 2012, 04:11 PM.
                          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

We stand united, Herman! Let the poor mislead PC users have their little fantasies........

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar View Post
                              'CTRL-click' works perfectly!
                              two hands to do a simple thing like that? strange...

I've used a Mac with a Microsoft mouse, it works pretty well. Almost as capable as a real computer. But not quite.
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X