No announcement yet.

Favorite concession stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you only rented that burrito.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Regal View Post
      Sounds like you only rented that burrito.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I should have purchased the optional renters insurance......
        Time Wasters...
        http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
        http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Grippo View Post
            Winternats 2010 I bought this massive Burrito from a vendor for like 12 bucks, thing weighed like 8lbs.
            I payed for it for 2 days...
            you can buy beer at pomona ..was not the case at e town in the day ..take the red eye to vegas ..check in at the RIO ..drive a rental car across the desert ..get to pomona for gates open ..stay up 50 straight hours !!!! drink west coast BUD !!

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Regal View Post
              X2. The brats and burgers I cook on my Weber on the tailgate of my truck are 10x better that the greaseball food they serve at the Atlanta Dragway and cheaper, too.
              Ahhhhh! Atlanta Dragway!

I have a fond memory of that place regarding one of their concession stands...

I was announcing for the old PRO/Edelbrock series (now NMCA) and this great big black dude walks into the tower and asks where the announcer is. I raised my hand and promptly offered up a tray with two huge polish sausages smothered in peppers and onions. He said, "Here, these are for you." I asked what prompted this and he told me they had a stand set up in the pits selling these delicious sausages and pointed to the stand where he and his brother and nephew were serving them up to hungry customers. A sign on top of the stand read, "AUTHENTIC POLISH SAUSAGE." So I asked the fellow, "Are these authentic Polish sausages? He said, "YES SIR!."

In as face as straight as I could muster, I responded, "That's odd... you don't look Polish." He laughed his ass off!

Ron
              Last edited by Ron Ward; January 10, 2012, 01:06 PM.
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Chicken Strips and Fries at Famoso..... pretty darn good.

But I usually bring enough Deep Pit BBQ and fixins to feed 200 or so for the March Meet....and it's FREE....so for one day....I'm the BEST FOOD at Famoso....LOL
                The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

We had a series of pretty good vendors at Maxton. The food wasn't gourmet but was well in line with the price (I'm remembering that a dog was $2.00). The best guy, unfortunately, got sick but Keith & Joe got our fave BBQ place to step up and handle it.

Don't know if they still do but Milan in MI had great Sloppy Joes - I'm a fan of those anyhow. John - do they still have 'em?

Food at Bonneville is OK and sometimes excellent depending on the special of the day. And plenty of salt depending on your taste! The prices are reasonable considering that they have to tote everything out into the middle of nowhere.

Dan
                  Last edited by DanStokes; January 10, 2012, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Deep Fried Calamary at Laguna Seca the best track food ever! I bring an extra $100 for a three day weekend just for squid.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
                      Deep Fried Calamary at Laguna Seca the best track food ever! I bring an extra $100 for a three day weekend just for squid.
                      Figures with Monterey being a stones throw away....best deep fried squid on the planet is found there.
                      The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

ive been to ALOT of tracks, and ate ALOT of food - the best hands down I had no issues driving for when I lived in Arizona, Thunder Raceway in Show Low AZ - hands down, the best chili cheese fries ANYWHERE and I would put them up against any others anywhere. the amount you get and the price, I seriously think they loose money
                        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Indy has Pork Butt on a stick - that's pretty damned good.

I cannot remember the track, but I announced at a small southern place one time and they had, "butt rub fries". The jokes never ended.

I did a race at Virginia Motorsports Park once and there was a guy selling spiced nuts under the business name, "Try My Nuts". Again, the jokes were epic.

Grand Bend Motorplex has Poutiene fries that are freaking awesome.

I ate a "Bader Burger" one time when Bill was running the IHRA. It was a 1/2" thick slab of Spam on a roll.

In Rockingham one year I saw a guy selling steak sandwiches. I got in line and nearly passed out when I saw the guy putting whole Ribeye steaks onto bread rolls! That was pretty freakin' good.

They had some kick ass gumbo in Baton Rouge last year.

I like to eat.
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Any food vendor in Knoxvuille Iowa in August at the SprintCarNationals.Pork chop sandwiches and fresh Iowa sweet corn on the cob FTW!

Comment

the wine and cheese at lime rock and bridgehampton were not up to snuff

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                                Around here (Pomona) the food SUCKS and it's way over priced. At one stand a ten dollar tri tip sandwich looks like the equivelant to 3 small slices of bacon on a burger bun. At another, you can't tell the difference between a tri tip sandwich and a pulled pork, because they douse both of them in so much BBQ sauce...the sauce is all you taste
                                this is my thoughts exactly. The food may be good but the cost is just over the top. Why do people think they need to ass rape you at an event...BJ auctions it costs 5 bucks for an effing bottle of water. Here at the big events at the track there is a tri_tip guy and for 7 bucks you get a slice of beef on a giant bun...all you taste is bun...meh...I will starve or eat before or after the event.
                                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                                X