X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why a 69 Camaro?

Why not a 68 or 67?

Nick

In my case, the styling of the 69 just hits me right.

Comment

Why not a 69 Camaro?
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

it was a very long model year

Comment

yup even went in to the 1970 modle year production so they are easier to come by
          Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
          Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
            Why not a 69 Camaro?
            Yep. Some people can substantiate it, many can not. You like what you like.

I like a 68 Chevelle. Not a 69. They aren't all that different, but with most of the differences, I prefer the 68.

- don't get me wrong, I don't dislike a 69... I just prefer the 68.

Comment

While I think the 67 would be more comfortable, ( Vent windows that can suck fresh air in like crazy ) I hate the cluttered look of them. So it would be a 68 or a 69 for me. It just depends on my mood that day. The 68 looks more down to business. The 69 looks prettier.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I think the 69 Camaro is the top of the top of all cars. I always said they made aftermarket parts for the 69 Camaro then everything else.
                But I like 67s????

Comment

One of my favorites...........a Z28 I owned many years ago.

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by nickleone View Post
                    Why not a 68 or 67?Nick
                    [mass mob scene]68 68 68 68 with chrome on top of the doors...[/mass mob scene]

EDIT: well, the reason was to say no vent windows, but I got carried away...
                    Last edited by 99_ls1; January 12, 2012, 08:01 PM.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

For me it was what I got. My dad and brother had raced and fixed up countless 67 and 68's. My heart was set on a 67. My grampa had a real solid 69 that would up being mine. After 25 years it still is. 69's kinda became my niche in my family. My dad and brother still have 67's . There are thing I like better about each year, but my 69 will always be mine!
                      Last edited by harponi; January 12, 2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

I had a 68 Camaro but always wanted a 69, I liked the body style better, I'd still like to have a 69, maybe someday? OK, does anybody on here (Brian, Spidey, or) have knowledge of or remember when Wally Booth turned his 68 Camaro into a 69 Camaro?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Grumpy; January 12, 2012, 10:07 PM.
                        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

('69 Firebird!)
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

randal said "69" <in best beavis and butthead voice>
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Here is my old and gone 67 with a 400 in it and big block springs, 411 gears.
                              It would bounce the front tires off the ground when you goosed the gas!
                              Last edited by skullbucket; January 13, 2012, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X