Cherry Bomb Vortex Muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherry Bomb Vortex Muffler

I see it on the top of the page a lot, and I realize they are a sponsor. My question to you fine internet folk is: Have you heard them in person and what do they sound like?

I like the looks of it, and with two different size chambers to muffle two different frequency waves of sound, it probably has a unique sound... but what does it sound similar to?

Has anyone got these mufflers on their car or heard them on someone else's car?

I don't want to judge it from video clips, because most videos posted aren't done with professional equipment and don't really give a true reproduction of the sound the exhaust really makes - not to mention that my desktop speakers are decent, but not exactly top of the line audio equipment.

check you tube ? or team chevelle ?

Comment

yes I had them on a small block 70 B body and they are loud and raspy! I liked them!

Comment

Anthing but Flowmasters. Ugh.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scott liggett View Post
          anthing but flowmasters. Ugh.
          hater!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
            Anthing but Flowmasters. Ugh.
            YES
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

My brother had a cherry bomb Vortex on his old 95 F150. Had a stock 302/5speed with stock manifolds and no cats. Truck was freakin' loud! Had a crack similar to a glasspack, but with a deeper overall sound.

I'm partial to the flowmaster sound myself.
              Still plays with trucks....

Comment

I have not heard them....BUT...... I love my flowmasters ( w/3" pipes & x crossover) ... I have allot of cubes and 2" full length hedders. A friend put the same 40 series mufflers on his 86 camaro, (w/2.25 pipes, SBC, no crossover, manifolds, & 2" tailpipes) and it sounds like a hole in a stock muffler... don't tell my friend i said that...

The overall system you have is going to affect your sound allot... bigger diameter pipes sound better regardless of muffler brand, imo.

I had original Cherry Bombs back in the day on my first Ventura. And I LOVED them then... ! Those lasted forever too...
                Last edited by oldsman496; January 13, 2012, 06:12 AM.
                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Working...
                X