• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got to work without crashing, and it dawned on me

a) I woke up
    b) above ground

It's a fine day!
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      I got to work without crashing, and it dawned on me

a) I woke up
      b) above ground

It's a fine day!
      HA!
      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
        I am installing a clutch. wish me luck.
        riding a freak spell of 40 degrees and a south wind before the ten below 24 hours later...

if you believe in luck, it can happen.

where did that come from anyway..
        friday the 13th.

some irish witchy tale or what.

We Irish witches would love to take credit for this but it goes back much farther...
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

I dont believe in any superstition or myth. Today is just another day to me, Monday doesnt bother me either and never really has. If I figured up all the times bad stuff has happened to me, I would be afraid of days ending in Y more than Friday the 13th.

Also the Mayan calendar (not Aztec) ends this year, and people are making a big thing of it. The thing is, our calendar ends every year on Dec 31 but nobody makes a fuss. The whole thing with the earth being in alignment with the sun and the center of the galaxy is true, we will all be lined up that day. Funny thing is it happens every year, and just happened last month yet nothing happened and the world did not end. Remember the big fuss in the 90s about 2000 and Y2K? Nothing. The earth or universe doesnt know what day it is, we decided to name those things based on the way we revolve around the sun, and how axial tilt changes the seasons, all in an effort to make sense and be able to predict things.

There is nothing special about any particular day, but if it makes you feel better, believe what you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
            I dont believe in any superstition or myth. Today is just another day to me, Monday doesnt bother me either and never really has. If I figured up all the times bad stuff has happened to me, I would be afraid of days ending in Y more than Friday the 13th.

Also the Mayan calendar (not Aztec) ends this year, and people are making a big thing of it. The thing is, our calendar ends every year on Dec 31 but nobody makes a fuss. The whole thing with the earth being in alignment with the sun and the center of the galaxy is true, we will all be lined up that day. Funny thing is it happens every year, and just happened last month yet nothing happened and the world did not end. Remember the big fuss in the 90s about 2000 and Y2K? Nothing. The earth or universe doesnt know what day it is, we decided to name those things based on the way we revolve around the sun, and how axial tilt changes the seasons, all in an effort to make sense and be able to predict things.

There is nothing special about any particular day, but if it makes you feel better, believe what you like.
            I am still taking off December 21st!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
              I am still taking off December 21st!
              I blame the irish witches for Monday
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                Scott - been watching the History Channel?

I've crashed one car on Fri 13th and another on Oct 31 but I'm pretty sure it was because I was young and driving like a dumbass. Since it's a payday, I feel kinda lucky.
                Not lately, it's all reality shows now. I learned that in HS history.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'm taking the day off from working on the gasser! No reason to push my luck today!

Comment

I did get my first automobile clutch in this Fri the 13th. A little one for a boxer, but it applies the same.
                    approx 5 hours. eyeball potential concentric mishaps...none.
                    I used a 200 pound limit little strap up over rafter in the garage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	spec clutch 002w.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	859653
                    spec stage 1..never drove anything like it. no bullshit, hard engage. An older rig is similar to the feel of it.

new throwout bearing, and got realtime advice from the net about the clips with a tablet, wireless internet. Real epiphany...I am still older man in a toolbox. as long as cable is not way out of adjust, it don't need the clips. I used them anyway...for luck.

also something not in instructions.. I doubled around twice for a 30psi check on the can bolts to flywheel with a torque wrench..as it turned out, that was very important. the can had to do something after first torque. Two bolts responded the seond time around. Something to remember.

other than that..am confident...and it is a nice clutch. smooth ride home, other than starting off at the traffic lights. I must have seemed like a newb with a manual transmission to people in the other lane..

off to a howling 9 below zero. I would never have guessed to get this done in the middle of january.
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 13, 2012, 06:04 PM.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Hey Big Dad....did you see the neighborhood kids dragging that dead black cat across your lawn on the fishing line today? If not, those little bastards better give me my money back.
                      Last edited by Brian Lohnes; January 13, 2012, 06:31 PM.
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                      X