2013 650 hp Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 650 hp Mustang

This post is not so much about Ford but rather what Ford, GM and Chrysler can build. The other day I went with my wife to the supermarket and while she shopped I read the car magazines that I don't subscribe to like C&D. So, I'm reading 650 HP, 200+ MPH and high speeds capable for extended durations, includes stabiltiy control, big brakes and tires, aerodymanic aids that provide the needed down force while reducing drag. You also can get transmission and rear axle coolers as well. This is all sounding like NASCAR stuff which I'm sure it is. The HP is about right too. With all of this from a production car even if it's limited production, it's street legal and being sold to the public. Basically it seems like a street leagl cup car in a sense. So it begs the question, how will it run against a cup car for lets say 20 laps? I'm not kidding myself that it's going to challenge but using the cup car as a bench mark, where will it stand? Oh yeah, the 650 HP Mustang doesn't have any gas guzzler penalties either!
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

I'm a GM guy, and I think that car is pretty awesome.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      How much are kidneys going for? We only have one liver, right? Gonna need that left leg though.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

It would be pretty cool to see one doing hot laps at Talladega or Daytona.
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

9000 dollar a year insurance bill

Comment

if you can afford the car the insurance is meaningless
            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              Still won't touch a ZR1...........

And I'm taking it, a ZL1 with a pulley change and tune would give it a run to.......

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post

And I'm taking it, a ZL1 with a pulley change and tune would give it a run to.......
                to me this is the scarey part. what are they holding in the back pocket that we don't know about yet. like you said, pulley and a tune can yeild close to 100hp increase. so what are the current motors really capable of? that and where will it end? like somebody else mentioned this is without a gas guzzler tax. they can do this and get good gas milage. CAFE standards or not, they will be hitting those milage standards or better with out a problem.

Comment

maybe you should wait until the 2013 GT 500 is out. A pulley and tune may do it wonders too
                  used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Did you see the tiny pulley on the GT500? I doubt it'll get any smaller without major slippage... plus, it's the law of diminishing returns when you start swapping pulleys (or lower pulleys... problem, of course with lower pulley swaps is it speeds everything else up as well).

Still, the answer to the question about how much hp is roughly 1300 - the Bugatti Veyron SS...
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It's half the price man.
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

The new Hot Rod story by Kinnan said Ford ran the engine in testing for 250 hours at 6250 rpm under different load levels between peak torque and horsepower.

I LOVED the "engine all apart photo", poster-worthy!

This package will make one hell of a crate engine to boot!
                        Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

we have a few zr1 daily drivers
                          don't argue with the ford guys .. they have projected time sheets in their hands .. pay no mind that there may be an all new line of GM V8s out ..no ..the new stang will be sheer awesomeness ....

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                            we have a few zr1 daily drivers
                            don't argue with the ford guys .. they have projected time sheets in their hands .. pay no mind that there may be an all new line of GM V8s out ..no ..the new stang will be sheer awesomeness ....
                            It's about time you finally realized that!

Seriously the ZR1 is a very cool car but at twice the price of a GT500, it's not a good comparison. A better challenge will be the mythical ZL1 which also has the same "projected time sheets" that that you crow about with the Mustang.

To answer the OP question, I really don't think the Mustang could keep up with a cup car because i's a purpose built racecar and without doing any research, I'd bet it's a whole lot lighter.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

To me the two cars are not even competors. The vette is a two seat low slung sports car with separated transaxle that is designed for only one thing. Now if they want to compare it to the ZL1 then it is a fair compare... And i think the stang whens that one

Comment

Working...
                              X