X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol ..lighthearted chops busting free zone here

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      Gonna have a go at having me banned too?
      "We have reviewed your resume and appreciate your application for the position of dieselgeek adversary.
      However, due to economic conditions and a general lack of qualifications, we regret to inform you that the position is not being filled at this time.

Thanks,
      -The Human Resources Department"
      Last edited by dieselgeek; January 17, 2012, 05:51 PM.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynoroom View Post
        Well I guess that makes it a FACT (some might say hear say) for that team. As much as the team owner I know & talked with would highly disagree with your view of efi economy.
        Your "hearsay" trumps mine as usual, so let's hear what he had to say? and since your insider won't have to worry about losing his job, who is he?

I'm told that the per-car entry costs for the Mclaren EFI are higher than a carburetor, but that the time spent on development exceeds either by such a large margin that the cost difference is a wash.

But you tell me, which is easier to build a per-cylinder tune on - a carbureted setup or EFI? And this isn't entry level FAST or BS3. McLaren runs a VE table per cylinder.
        Last edited by dieselgeek; January 17, 2012, 05:54 PM.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

• you have deluded yourself Scott - I don't want, need, or consider you an adversary. I simply desire a vacation from "I'm so special, you're so stupid" "I don't like what you say so I'm going to try to get you banned".
          Last edited by Beagle; January 17, 2012, 06:14 PM.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
            you have deluded yourself Scott - I don't want, need, or consider you an adversary. I simply desire a vacation from "I'm so special, you're so stupid" "I don't like what you say so I'm going to try to get you banned".
            For not wanting it, you sure do keep trying a lot. I can't help you with issues that start and end inside your own head, but there are doctors out there who can. If you don't like your (strange and inaccurate) perception of me, may I suggest NOT READING MY POSTS?

Comment

• Visited my grandfather tonight. I'll be away for a couple weeks and I wanted to see him. Doctors say he's got about four months left, probably less. Liver cancer's the problem...that's not one you make a U-turn from in your 80s. I've gotten past the pain of realizing that his meter is running and now just like going to see him at the nursing home for the conversation. There's something very interesting about talking to a man who knows his time is limited. Lots of weight in the words.

Anyway, I brought this whole debacle of the thread up in our conversation because shit like this really ties me up in knots. I'm admittedly bad at understanding stuff like this because I can't get into that head space. He understood when I told him that. He said that one of things he is very happy about in his life is that he didn't spend a lot of time being angry and he was glad it seems I've inherited those genes.

Guys, we're talking about air/fuel delivery into car engines here. There's lots of shit in the world to be pissed about and to get spun out over but we're talking about air/fuel delivery into car engines.

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• To answer Bill's questions about MAP sharing...Yes, NASCAR is going to control the distribution of MAPS from every competitor because they are not "actually" tuning them themselves. When I say that, I mean that the EFI manufacturer is taking advisement from each team to create a "base" map that they can work from. It gives limited tuning ability to the teams so that they are not doing all their own tuning from scratch. Everyone is then able to use each other's maps and see how they work on their own combos.

With regards to the fuel pumps....This seems really stupid. Why in the hell would they need "lift pumps" when running electric or cable vs. the old mechanical fuel pump. I don't get this at all.
                "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

• Originally posted by BangShiftChad View Post
                  To answer Bill's questions about MAP sharing...Yes, NASCAR is going to control the distribution of MAPS from every competitor because they are not "actually" tuning them themselves. When I say that, I mean that the EFI manufacturer is taking advisement from each team to create a "base" map that they can work from. It gives limited tuning ability to the teams so that they are not doing all their own tuning from scratch. Everyone is then able to use each other's maps and see how they work on their own combos.

With regards to the fuel pumps....This seems really stupid. Why in the hell would they need "lift pumps" when running electric or cable vs. the old mechanical fuel pump. I don't get this at all.

The way it was explained to me is that the teams are sharing *firmware* - NOT maps. It's all done on an online forum similar to bangshift.com. The changes that are requested are changes to firmware (things like "allow a wider range of ignition timing" or "allow greater max pulsewidth during cranking"). So everyone gets access to the same version of Firmware, just like revisions to the Megasquirt operating code. But they are not sharing the team-specific calibrations (VE tables, per-cylinder adjustments, per-cylinder timing tables, etc.).

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                    Visited my grandfather tonight. I'll be away for a couple weeks and I wanted to see him. Doctors say he's got about four months left, probably less. Liver cancer's the problem...that's not one you make a U-turn from in your 80s. I've gotten past the pain of realizing that his meter is running and now just like going to see him at the nursing home for the conversation. There's something very interesting about talking to a man who knows his time is limited. Lots of weight in the words.

Anyway, I brought this whole debacle of the thread up in our conversation because shit like this really ties me up in knots. I'm admittedly bad at understanding stuff like this because I can't get into that head space. He understood when I told him that. He said that one of things he is very happy about in his life is that he didn't spend a lot of time being angry and he was glad it seems I've inherited those genes.

Guys, we're talking about air/fuel delivery into car engines here. There's lots of shit in the world to be pissed about and to get spun out over but we're talking about air/fuel delivery into car engines.

Brian
                    Thanks Brian
                    My condolences regarding your grandfather. If you can, bring something to record some of those stories. I forgot to do that when the bootlegging and eating rattlesnake steaks stories started to flow...I miss my grandfather a lot and wish I could hear those stories again.
                    I used to get angry but it wastes too much time. Time I could be fuel injecting something!
                    BKB
                    www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                    Bruce K Bridges

Comment

• Originally posted by BKBridges View Post
                      Thanks Brian
                      My condolences regarding your grandfather. If you can, bring something to record some of those stories. I forgot to do that when the bootlegging and eating rattlesnake steaks stories started to flow...I miss my grandfather a lot and wish I could hear those stories again.
                      I used to get angry but it wastes too much time. Time I could be fuel injecting something!
                      BKB
                      Yep, thanks for sharing that Brian. I miss my grand-dad a lot. He was an important part of my youth, and a pleasure to be with as I aged. I hope I can provide the same.
                      I'm still learning

Comment

• I lost my grandpa a couple years ago, after writing a neat Chadmouth about Grandpas. I didn't write it because he was sick or anything, cause he was in good health at the time. I read the Chadmouth at his funeral. I was so close to him, that I still have a hard time thinking about him without getting all choked up. Nobody in the world was cooler. My grandpa was only sick for a few weeks. I'm glad Brian gets some time with his, although at the same time that might make it harder. It certainly reinforces what is really important though.

Brian wears his Grandpa's Claddagh ring as his wedding ring which is cool beyond cool. I hope I get to meet him.

The first question I'm going to ask him is "how did Brian's head turn out so damn big?!!!"

Seriously though, we should all ask our Grandparents what is the one thing they never did that they wish they had. And then we should go do it for them.
                        "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your Grandpa Brian, Enjoy the time you have and have had with him...
                          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• I found out that the Carbureted rules for NASCAR prior to EFI were:
                            1.590" max venturi 1.688" max throttle bore

while the current Holley NASCAR Throttle Body is restricted to 1.400"

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't that show that the cars are going faster with less TB CSA?

Comment

• Scott I beleive with no booster venturi the CFM is higher per CSA on the EFI
                              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

• kudos ...search engineering at it's finest gentlemen

Comment

Working...
                                X