No announcement yet.

EFI costs Horsepower ..The UNRestrtor Plate ..15/16ths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite a tremendous season that produced Nationwide Series champion Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and Carl Edwards losing out on the Sprint Cup title to Tony Stewart on a tiebreaker, Roush Fenway Racing began contracting with layoffs that went into effect Tuesday.

Sources Tuesday confirmed that the company was cutting its workforce by about 100 employees, with many of those coming from the No. 6 Sprint Cup team of David Ragan, which will not be run next season. For next year Roush Fenway will scale back to three Sprint Cup cars and one full-time and one part-time Nationwide effort -- a situation dictated by sponsorship shortages, as well as Edwards' decision to cut back on his Nationwide involvement to focus on winning the Sprint Cup title.

good thing people are afraid of the "voodoo magic " of engine controls ..you wouldn't have a side business

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
      it is ok to pass sniffer tests ..I think it costs too much for something that doesn't work a hell of a lot better than a WELL TUNED carburetor ..I used to make tons of money on carb overhauls at 4 hours a pop ..other techs in the shop were afraid and that is how a young guy got ahead back then ..at the same time growing up with tbi , then multi port ..early buick distributorless ignitions ..CCC .
      So what you're saying is, that if you pull the FI off a new Camaro/Mustang V6 and throw a "WELL TUNED" Holley on them that they no doubt will still make 300+ hp and get 30+ mpg? I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination on either, but I know my way around both and I think you're FOS! with all due respect.
      sigpic

Comment

different application
        street cars are different

who said anything about mpg? in a race car ..how does efi improve the racing
        the 50,000 dollar carburetor
        the 50k carb tuner gets replaced with a 100 k engineer
        Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; January 15, 2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

I don't think it's peak hp that wins races.
          Originally posted by TC
          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

different application
            street cars are different

who said anything about mpg? in a race car ..how does efi improve the racing
            the 50,000 dollar carburetor
            the 50k carb tuner gets replaced with a 100 k engineer
            "it is ok to pass sniffer tests ..I think it costs too much for something that doesn't work a hell of a lot better than a WELL TUNED carburetor" Took that as an overall statement, yes different app. but an engine's an engine. how does EFI improve racing? They haven't even used it in a race yet so who knows. How does the carb improve racing?

I thought that all the EFI set ups in cup were sealed systems? Anyway there should be no need for a mega buck engineer, I'm sure the jack man can read the instructions given in the EFI set up program and figure it out, I'm not implying that it dosen't take a knowledgeable guy to get it right, just saying that it's easier to get right without 50 years of experience.
            sigpic

Comment

Despite a tremendous season that produced Nationwide Series champion Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and Carl Edwards losing out on the Sprint Cup title to Tony Stewart on a tiebreaker, Roush Fenway Racing began contracting with layoffs that went into effect Tuesday.

Sources Tuesday confirmed that the company was cutting its workforce by about 100 employees, with many of those coming from the No. 6 Sprint Cup team of David Ragan, which will not be run next season. For next year Roush Fenway will scale back to three Sprint Cup cars and one full-time and one part-time Nationwide effort -- a situation dictated by sponsorship shortages, as well as Edwards' decision to cut back on his Nationwide involvement to focus on winning the Sprint Cup title.

good thing people are afraid of the "voodoo magic " of engine controls ..you wouldn't have a side business
              So, EFI saves money by allowing reduced workforce? (debating protip: try finding news bits that support your argument, not contradict it)
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

You know, NASCAR is an entertainment business, same as the local paper which anyone would claim they'd like to be "legit" but won't buy unless the front page appears new and interesting. Carburetors elicit chuckles among anyone under forty so if NASCAR wants to seem pertinant and look up-to-date, and sell their entertaining stuff (choke), they have to say they're fuel-injected. End of f-n story...it's not really about the details of what makes more horsepower under what conditions.

Rodders corner lives on here, in the meanwhile.

edit: most, under forty. Auto racing has always felt the need to claim that the activity helps develop important new tecnology and that's tough to back up if you're running carburetors these days.
                Last edited by Loren; January 15, 2012, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                  So, EFI saves money by allowing reduced workforce? (debating protip: try finding news bits that support your argument, not contradict it)
                  keep trying kid ..google me spark plug gap on a 68 camaro
                  Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; January 15, 2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                    You know, NASCAR is an entertainment business, same as the local paper which anyone would claim they'd like to be "legit" but won't buy unless the front page appears new and interesting. Carburetors elicit chuckles among anyone under forty so if NASCAR wants to seem pertinant and look up-to-date, and sell their entertaining stuff (choke), they have to say they're fuel-injected. End of f-n story...it's not really about the details of what makes more horsepower under what conditions.

Rodders corner lives on here, in the meanwhile.
                    that whole Brad Kesolowski thing should be overlooked ..I just use this to get under scotty's skin

Comment

you guys know my keywords : FORD , IMPORT , ROAD RACING , EMC , FREE TRADE , DIESELGEEK
                      what sets you off ?

Comment

that whole Brad Kesolowski thing should be overlooked ..I just use this to get under scotty's skin

Comment

been going on since spring of 2005

Comment

On Star, drive by wire, servo transmissions, egr, FWD, side air bag curtains, 4000 lb economy cars, and COT to name a few. I'm honestly re-learning to love the 23* SBC.

I need an AOD / e4od / 4l60e / 4l80 class. I read enough about the 5r110e to be scared shitless.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

yuck technology
                              used to pay better

Comment

Nascar's only concern is Butts in the seats, selling Tee Shirts, and how to get 43 sponcers cars on the TV scrren all at once. Nascar could care less about how "Good" the racing is.

Brad has not touched a engine in his life, the buy and lease engines just like all the rest, you even thinking he has shows how little you know about what your talking about, but then thats never stopped you.

Has anyone ever noticed how long a EFI engine lasts over the Carbed ones? Mr. GM care to tell us why?
                                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
                                X