Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFI costs Horsepower ..The UNRestrtor Plate ..15/16ths

Efi ..dragging power down
    At the conclusion of Thursday's opening day session, NASCAR notified teams it will increase the size of the restrictor plates to 15/16 of an inch

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/0...#ixzz1delb78Dm
    Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; January 13, 2012, 10:59 PM.

As Scott will tell you, EFI lets you sandbag real easily

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
      Efi ..dragging power down
      At the conclusion of Thursday's opening day session, NASCAR notified teams it will increase the size of the restrictor plates to 15/16 of an inch

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/0...#ixzz1delb78Dm
      Huh? I didn't read anywhere in that article where anyone's claiming EFI slows anything down. As is usually the case, Grandpa Grumps is taking out his anger in the wrong direction. Meanwhile, "From a reliability standpoint of the [electronic fuel injection], I don't see any issues for anybody." WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE ELECTRONICS FAILURES!!

Where's Marky Mark when you need him? nevermind.

LMAO
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

The headline of the artical says they are pleased.
        It also says they are in the middle of the road so far as progress goes, so from your artical, it doesn't sound as bad as you are trying to make it.
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Face the facts: EFI levels the playing field, gone are the days of the six figure carb tuner. Now anyone can maximize their tune, and EFI biz is booming. I am writing this from a plane on my way to another tuning gig, every weekend for the next 3 months BOOKED. GOD BLESS NASCAR!
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

If anyone can do it, why are YOU booked? Seems you must have something rare....the ability to tune EFI might be that rare thing
            My fabulous web page

Comment

LOL!
              Given enough time I might be able to figure it out too.
              Originally posted by TC

Comment

wonder this discussion will end differently than the last hundred discussions on the same topic?
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Wouldn't that be the definition of insanity?
                  Originally posted by TC

Comment

no. Having the discussion again is the definition of insanity
                    Last edited by squirrel; January 14, 2012, 09:05 AM.
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

hmmm.... maybe if we channel the guy above us it would be interesting....

so Squirrel says EFI and BBC is good, but blower is better
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

yes , nascar needs a blower

Comment

sure the team owners love adding staff and 47 toughbooks in obi wan economic times

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            If anyone can do it, why are YOU booked? Seems you must have something rare....the ability to tune EFI might be that rare thing
                            Some people need it done quickly. That's where I come in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                              sure the team owners love adding staff and 47 toughbooks in obi wan economic times
                              I'm sure the prop guys hated kerosene burners too Jim. What I would like to see is real "Stock Cars" - cuz the Moat/Fipar's would be fun to watch with the AWD Taurus running 45 pounds of boost and anybody driving a 900hp FWD V8 (cough Impalla cough) would really have their hands full.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X