• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realsteelfreak View Post
    Vol stang from Tenn. or East Tn.?
    Outside of Nashville, TN

Comment

Originally posted by 200kss View Post
      Bob nailed it, that's why we took a 99 z28 last year. Comfortable enough to survive a week, didn't kill us in gas, and still fast enough to earn a hell of a speeding ticket on the way home.
      But LS1 F bodys blend into the background, even if they are great long distance haulers. That is what I bought my 98 Formula to do, go on long trips all over the country, get decent mileage, and be fast enough to be interesting. I have never had anyone hang out their window at an intersection and scream "I LOVE YOUR CAR" at me in the Formula, but it has happened in the 70 GTO and in my 79 Formula street/strip toy. They are awesome, but they just dont have the soul.

After driving 10-15 hours a day for the military, and making 1500 mile trips only stopping for gas in a 24 hour period, this would be much more fun and I would still drive whatever I take for the rest of the summer. All I have driven regularly since 05 is the 98, I need some GTO/Cougar seat time. The Cougar hasnt moved under its own power since 1987.

Comment

I vote the big TQ, hi way geared GTO
        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

I could do something like CarCraft did with the Chevelle they just picked up. Build the LeMans with stuff I have laying around, and make it into something I would have driven in high school. Leave the rust on the quarters and fenders, but of course fix the rust in the window channels, stuff the extra 8:1scr 455 in it with a 2004R and the 2.93 geared rear. Do it all low buck and take an E85 carb as well as a gas carb so I can swap them if I need to in a place like Missouri.

So many options, and so much snow out there right now.

Comment

Get a Gremlin and drive the wheels off it!

Ron
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Working...
            X