• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new engine, gotta look

Go to:

Check out videos.

Nick

no reciprocating?
    Then what is the cylinders doing after entering the timed jug?
    Why is there no rings for efficient combustion? ..let me guess.

I'll go back to calling a benz crank boxer the most efficient in the world, and they can go back to their twisted insanity.
    do they heare vtec calling them? itis in asia someplace, they'd fit right in to a modern engine from them.

maybe they can add 6 valves per cylinder and forget what two bigger holes did right from the beginning.
    /rant
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Ok... my first impression, by just looking at the animated pic.... This looks like something that could crash into itself in a very spectacular way!
      Especially when engine-wear is setting in a bit.
      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Interesting idea but a few challenges that have to be figured out:

1- how do you keep wear on the gears that clock the piston and cylinder from affecting alignment between the two? A little wear and they hit each other, not mesh.
        2- the exhaust is being introduced into the air a few inches away from the intake. This will rob power.
        3- air flow into the cylinder- what pushes the exhaust completely out of the cylinder? Pressure pushes some of it out, but what causes the cylinder to be evacuated and refilled with clean air?

Looks like another "nacho on a stick" (Wankel) idea to me (works great on paper but not so hot in reality).
        Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Working...
        X