Is This A Street Car ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This A Street Car ?

guess he doesn't need a mega squirt ...........oh SNAP !!

Of course it is. And a bad assed one for sure. This car is super clean and sits just right. We love it.

If I was running a centrifugal on it though I would get one of Alston Chassisworks new gear drive setups that goes on the front of the crank. I dig them. They rule.
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

yeah , all the malibus rotted out around here years ago , welcome back chad

Comment

heck ya i was standing beside it when they took an upclose video of the supercharger during start up (day 1 DW 2011)
        drag week perticipant = street car!!!!!! always even if it breaks..... it takes big nards to drive these so many miles!!!
        Last edited by oldsman71; January 15, 2012, 09:21 PM.
        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

It's got an 1150 and not efi, is that your point?
          The video didn't show it on the street.
          None the less, it's a pretty fast car and I don't care how it gets its gas. I like it!
          Thanks for the video.
          Originally posted by TC
          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

they drove the crap out of it during DW 2011, I think it even got a scratch or two!!
            COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
              It's got an 1150 and not efi, is that your point?
              The video didn't show it on the street.
              None the less, it's a pretty fast car and I don't care how it gets its gas. I like it!
              Thanks for the video.
              seemed dynamical from here.

I noticed a twitch off to the left on the front..like they reversed a normal dispersal.
              I am obsessed with stuff like that.

real draft really moves things. woops. no efi arguing.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

It made the trip door damage and all.

Comment

my point is ........

Comment

No.
                    I would like to see him go out in the garage on a 20 degree day, start it, drive to work, drive back home at lunch, back to work, then after work stop at the store to pick up supper and drive home all week.
                    Driven on the street yes, street car no.

Comment

Originally posted by skullbucket View Post
                      No.
                      I would like to see him go out in the garage on a 20 degree day, start it, drive to work, drive back home at lunch, back to work, then after work stop at the store to pick up supper and drive home all week.

X2
                      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by skullbucket View Post
                        No.
                        That car completed Drag Week 2011 and won it's class!!! I got news for you, that's a task a lot of pure stock OEM domestic cars would have trouble doing - there is absolutely no arguing that this car is a street car, whatsoever.

Meanwhile, I think it's awesome he's doing it with a carb and a Procharger. Blowers provide consistent boost with RPMs so it makes using a carb feasible. Who cares if it's not EFI, the guy is out there DOING IT - anyone who claims this isn't a streetcar after all it's accomplished, needs to sack up and show us their faster car that won a drag week class.

Sometimes these sideline jockeys and their ridiculous commentary are almost as jaw dropping as the cars that compete in DW.
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

watched it race in topeka then drive to great bend on rough back roads in near 100 degree temps..

Comment

It's got license plates ......
                            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Scotts Car kicks butt and its Jakes Engine, its much faster than its shown they dont have it sorted out.

The point might be if you asked Jake if he wished it was EFI instead of having a carb on it.

But the Google boys are always cutting and pasting other peoples stuff to make a point that somehow they are not able to do from their own experiences. If you want I can call Jake and find out for you.
                              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
                              X