Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laid off again...Starting the new year off wit a fizzle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laid off again...Starting the new year off wit a fizzle.

Well, like it says...got laid off this morning.
    Things got cut back, and no other openings. Myself and some of the other second shift guys got axed.
    While I was some what bummed, I got a month severance, so I am not going to gripe.

*Picking myself up, dusting off, and moving forward*

What bums me out was I was actually enjoying painting for a change...this was the least stressful thing I had done in a LONG time.

Time to start looking around to see what the great city of Omaha has to offer.
    Last edited by Eliteman76; January 16, 2012, 10:03 AM.
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Bummer. Hope you get something even better. Fingers crossed for you......

Dan

Comment

good luck

Comment

My cousin has been laid off for 4 years now somehow got the government to pay for electricians school, all kinds of people around here don't want to work don't have to.
        In 2008 I took voluntary lay off for 6 months just to be off and and got my Nova done and sold it for "lots-O-profit" and was going to live good on that and i'll be damned if they didn't call me back!
        So I quit and got another job!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that - although, I'm glad to hear your former employer took care of you with a nice severance.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Good luck Andrew. Hopefully you find something soon.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Good luck and hope something comes your way soon.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Good Luck
                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post

What bums me out was I was actually enjoying painting for a change...this was the least stressful thing I had done in a LONG time.

Time to start looking around to see what the great city of Omaha has to offer.
                  Ya that's why I like painting to, kind of a Zen feeling..........

And there is no better time than now to go out and throw an ad on Craigslist or in the local paper for painting and get out there and make the big bucks!!!!!!
                  Last edited by TC; January 16, 2012, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. One of my old co-workers from my last job accidentally got into his own business of painting. He was laid off and a woman he knew who was a realitor needed a house painted that she just sold and asked him to paint it. One house lead to another with her and off he went as a painting contractor.

That also happened to a good friend of mine who was a HVAC contractor. He just bought his first house, his wife was pregnant and his boss laid him off so his bosses friend could take his position. He did one side job that lead into the next.

There's a ton of work in the Marcellus Shale in PA.
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Be glad in live in a city that has low unemployment, in a state that doesn't have tax codes that run businesses out of state.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post

There's a ton of work in the Marcellus Shale in PA.
                        Wasn't Marcellus Shale in the Four Tops? IIRC, sang bass.......

Dan

Comment

north dakota !!!

Comment

Factories around here are hiring so much they import workers from Michigan because no one around here wants to get off unemployment!

Comment

sorry to hear this, hope you find a good job
                              COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Working...
                              X