Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laid off again...Starting the new year off wit a fizzle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last week when my US autoforce sales rep was at my shop, he mentioned they are looking for an outside account manager for the Omaha area....
    Charles

Comment

Sorry to hear that man, I hope this is a very temporary situation for you.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

Well, it can be worse.
        I've taken the mentality of tomorrow is the next day in my life, so getting up normal time, and going to hit the ground rolling, and see what I can find.
        At this point, I wish I could find a resto shop and spend my days working vintage tin, but my skills are rusty...
        Thought about trying the Machinist area...one of my brothers is going to talk to a few people and see.

I just want to find a place I can go to work, and live fairly stress free and do a good job at what ever life brings.
        Andrew
        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

ON a happy note...I did get the GTS out for a drive today. This winter I tell you...
          Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Andrew, but it sounds like you've got a great attitude and that will go a long way in finding new work. Best of luck!
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I retired this past Feb,so I made a spot for one job if you are a Machinist.
              Danny/Zachary
              HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Spent some time today making calls...stuck on hold for over 25 minutes with the unemployment office and not a sole picked up the phone...

Ended up calling up and talking with a couple coworkers, and they were all like WTF happened, and pretty well stunned about it, but it's not like I was fired, I got layer off, it happens.
                My mind kicked me to call a couple customers when I was in sales...crane and equipment guys that I worked with a lot.
                Have a lead maybe in the next few weeks, involving a crane company.

Another option was I called up a former coworker that went to work for a radio company as their rep/service guy...said he was going to look into things and let me know, may have a good lead on the industrial custom radio remote controls...
                Nothing 100% but it's a start.
                Andrew

Comment

here's hoping it is a short layoff and you can get back in the workforce as soon as possible. good luck and best wishes.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the layoff. Sounds like you've got a good attitude though. That'll definitely help you get another job.

BTW love the Torino!

Comment

Sucks to hear Andrew! Keep your head up and keep looking-jobs are out there buddy, good luck!
                      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                      DW- 12,16,17
                      "Stay thirsty my friends"
                      The worlds most interesting man

Comment

that suckcs. good luck.
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Andrew, that sucks, but maybe it's for a good reason and something far better will jump up and present itself to you.

For grins you might keep an eye on government bids and see if there is anything that matches something you might like to do. A friend got into mowing the medians in the city he lives in, works a couple days a week and is knocking down over 90k a year now because he was the only one who bid on the job. I have an uncle that paints and maintains fire hydrants, spent a day a week doing it and he was making some decent coin for the whole 8 hours he spent. Same deal - he was the only guy who bid on it. It'd keep you from going batshit bored maybe.
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                            Be glad in live in a city that has low unemployment, in a state that doesn't have tax codes that run businesses out of state.
                            No doubt. Between taxes and healthcare costs, Maine is a pretty rough state to do business in.

Comment

lay off sucks. i got laid off in march and i used the time to thrash on my duster to make it to florida for the power tour kickoff. came back and i went back to work. i jsut got laid off yesterday again and im hoping to get a new floor in my rot box wagoneer. make the best of your time.

Comment

Working...
                              X