Just WRONG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just WRONG!

I was making another post that contained the word Camaro. Before posting I hit the spell check and the 1st fix suggestion for Camaro is Camry. > ??? ;) ;D

Re: Just WRONG!

That's not cool. I'll have to refer to my Camaro as a Camry Z-28. lol

Comment

There's a diference? :o

Comment

I knew the Ford and Mopar guys would love that one.

Comment

Doesn't that assume they can read?

Comment

Watch it, buddy. :D

Comment

;D

Comment

Originally posted by THUNDERBIRD86
                There's a diference? :o
                Careful Shawn your bird is in my garage!!!! lol I think a Camry would out run my Camaro any day, but it doesn't even have a radiator in right now either.

Comment

Chevrolet Camaro
                  From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  (Redirected from Camaro)

The Chevrolet Camaro is a "pony car" made in North America by the Chevrolet Motor Division of General Motors. It was introduced on 26 September 1966 as a 1967 model year and was designed as a competing model to the Ford Mustang. The car shared the platform and major components with the Pontiac Firebird, also introduced in 1967. Four distinct generations of the car were produced before production ended in 2002. A new Camaro is expected to roll off assembly lines in January 2009.[1]

Origin
                  Though the car's name was contrived with no meaning, Chevrolet researchers reportedly found the word in a French dictionary as variation of informal speech (slang) for "friend", "chum", or "companion."[citation needed] In some automotive periodicals before official release, it was code-named "Panther", however, the project designation for the Camaro was XP-836 and some early GM photos show the final Camaro body labeled "Chaparral".[2] Automotive press asked Chevrolet product managers "What is a Camaro?", and they were told it was "a small, vicious animal that eats Mustangs".[3] The name conveniently fit Chevrolet's "C" naming structure that included Corvair, Chevelle, Chevy II, and Corvette.

The Camaro was initially advertised on contemporary hit radio (Top 40) AM stations of the day in an attempt to woo the young adult market.[citation needed] Technically a compact (by the standards of the time) pony car, but depending on the selected optional equipment, the Camaro could also be classified as a sporty muscle car or an economical grand tourer.

Toyota Camry
                  From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  (Redirected from Camry)

The Toyota Camry is a mid-size car, formerly a compact car manufactured by Toyota since 1980. The name "Camry" comes from a phonetic transcription of the Japanese word kanmuri (冠, かんむり), which means "crown", as did the names of the Toyota Crown, Corolla and Corona.

There is also a coupé and convertible derivative sold first as Camry coupé and later spun off into its own line as the Camry Solara; the Solara now no longer mirrors the design of the current four-door Camry. An up-branded luxury version of the Camry was sold in Japan as the Toyota Windom until 2006; the related Lexus ES shares major chassis and drivetrain components with the Camry.

In the United States, the Camry's largest consumer market, it has been the best selling car for nine of the last ten years starting in 1997, with the only exception being 2001. The Camry also sells very well in Australia, Canada, and a number of Asian markets—in particular Cambodia where the vast majority of cars are Camrys.[1] Despite its success, it has not sold as well in Europe and its homemarket Japan; many criticize its design as ill-suited for European and Japanese tastes.

Comment

Working...
                  X