No announcement yet.

I guess my picture taking has been noticed by some non automotive type people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess my picture taking has been noticed by some non automotive type people

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

that is cool.

staying bare bones learns the facts.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Last time I read the head line "Expose Me Charles Wickam" it was in the 'Flasher's Daily' magazine, and that wasn't about photography

Sharp looking pictures for sure.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Cool! I expect to see more of these in the future Charles. I can't believe the one with you getting broiled by the jet truck didn't make it!
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Cool beans. I remember how proud I was when my sons question was answered by Marlin Davis. Your notoriety is huge. Congrats!
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Comment

Good deal Charles. Glad I got you to sign my sign at the HHRR when you were a relatively unknown.
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Those were good examples of your work. I certainly notice a "style" to your photos.
                1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                1997 Mustang GT
                sigpic

Comment

Just remember, we knew you "when". Best of luck in this and I hope you become rich and famous - or at least rich so you can sponsor the Buzz Bomb.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                    Last time I read the head line "Expose Me Charles Wickam" it was in the 'Flasher's Daily' magazine, and that wasn't about photography

Sharp looking pictures for sure.

Why does Randal have a subscription to Flashers Daily?.......

Nice job Charles!
                    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

sweet!!!! nice work!!!!
                      COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Good for you Charles!
                        Reading , Pa
                        Good Guys rodders rep.
                        "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                        Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                          Why does Randal have a subscription to Flashers Daily?.......

Nice job Charles!

doesn't everyone?

Congrats Charles!
                          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

thanx guys, im still a unknown but I might get lucky and get "that shot" that could do it for me, I know I need a new camera body (something that does atleast 5 frames per second) and a certain lense thats way out of my price range, BUT "that shot" could fund or partial fund something like that

and thank you all for your compliments
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Late to the party by a few days, but congrats on the writeup!

All of the photos in the article look great, but I'm especially a fan of the first photo and the photo of the dual quads sticking out of the hood.

You use a D70, right? I'm currently using a D70s and I'm definitely feeling the limitations of the camera at times, especially when trying to capture in burst mode.

Have you looked into the D200? It's the "slightly closer to pro level" DLSR that's the big brother to the D80. It's a few years old now but gives you that 5 FPS burst at a much cheaper price than a D90 or D300. I'm hoping to pick one up myself one of these days; Just need to find the right money tree to shake...

What lenses do you currently own and what are you hoping to get? I know that there's a few f2.8 lenses that I've been eying for awhile that are way out of my price range.
                              Last edited by DNut; January 19, 2012, 09:23 AM.
                              I take photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X