Indoor Kart'n.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor Kart'n.....

Have any of you guys done this?? I went today for my first time, I mean I've driven go-karts in the past, but nothing like they have today, and I have to say I had a great time!!!!! I ran two races 12 laps each, and ended up being within a second of the fastest time on the track, which I thought was cool, I also placed 2nd and 3rd, which I thought was pretty good for a 6'3" 260lb guy going up against little 90lb kids........You laugh, but the weight difference really gives those bastards an advantage.......Good times for sure and if you've never done it, go out and do it and have a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by TC; January 16, 2012, 07:18 PM.

There's a pretty good indoor kart track in Tacoma, WA I've been to...pretty decent speeds, good powersliding.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

which one did you go to in Phoenix ? Im assuming theres still two in phoenix
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
        which one did you go to in Phoenix ? Im assuming theres still two in phoenix
        We went to the F1 Race Factory, which is now called Octane.........I'm not sure if the other one is still open or not.........

Comment

velocity17 always looks like a ghost town these days

Comment

I went to one in North Dakota, definitely fun!
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Oh heck yes. Bump & run!
              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

F1 Boston has been open for many years as an indoor karting facility and they have an outdoor one now too. It is doing well and it is always awesome to hit the track and dice it up with the boys!
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Lehigh Valley Grand Prix is close to here. Was there a handful of times and had a lot of fun, especially considering we were all clothed. It's pricey though.
                  Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

is that the one in the old Mack truck plant?
                    Reading , Pa
                    Good Guys rodders rep.
                    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                      We went to the F1 Race Factory, which is now called Octane.........I'm not sure if the other one is still open or not.........
                      thats the one i use to go to, 98 KUPD was doing a contest one morning there for NASCAR tickets, beat Eric and have the quickest time to win the tickets, I smoked Erics time BUT somehow F1s owners stepson got entered into the race, he beat me by less than a second and a half and I weighed at least 70 pounds more than he did
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Last I checked, most radio station contests specify that the family members of a facility that are working in conjunction with the station cannot compete for the prize...little something I learned working at 94.3 KILO in Colorado Springs. Either way, that blows.
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I did one up in bozeman mt its a fun thing to do when with the girlfriend but if you get to competative (me) best to go with guys.
                          GF:Did you motor blow up?
                          Me:No i took the rod and shoved it through my block on purpose...

Comment

It's not an indoor track but I've been to the one at West Palm they have right at the race track. It was a blast, I keept fogging up my face shield from laughing and my side hurt for hours after. The karts had wheel guards so I learned I could go into the turns pretty fast and and rub along the guy on the outside of me. Then they wised up and would hit the brakes harder. I went flying right past the turn doing 360's through the grass into the tires,lol.
                            Originally posted by TC
                            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I have all sorts of trophies from racing here in Seattle.... electric karts are a blast. TC, use your weight to advantage - yes, they can out accelerate you, but you can out corner them.
                              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X