No announcement yet.

Indoor Kart'n.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a cool link SBG! That's some great learning, a great informative read. Cool stuff.

I drive what oughta be a road course to work and back. Curves so sharp and hills so abrupt that you can't see what's ahead at all. I think I'll try heel and toe in the morning on the way. Y'all got my back? I can see the headlines now - peewee Kills Stopped School Bus Full of Innocent Kids.

Oh well, maybe I won't try it. One of these days, somewhere.....VROOM!
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

The man with the fastest Exit speed will be the fastest down the straight exit speeds are way more important than entrance. Brake in a straight line get on the throttle early. no more power than most of the rental karts have over brake the throttle as much as you can
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
        The man with the fastest Exit speed will be the fastest down the straight exit speeds are way more important than entrance. Brake in a straight line get on the throttle early. no more power than most of the rental karts have over brake the throttle as much as you can
        All I know is I did it right, after I was done I felt like puking........

Comment

so, if more weight is better in a gokart - something that's vehemently denied in karting circles, BTW - why don't people add as much weight as possible to them, and why are there only weight minimums in karting classes?

Thumbing through my Tune To Win book, all they emphasize is MINIMAL weight and the ability to control the center of gravity with any required ballast.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
            As a Guy who also has many Karting Dust collectors and Championships as a Kid. Weight does not make a Kart faster EVER.

I ran 100 cc Stock Appearing Light and Heavy and 100cc Open Light and Heavyand won Championships in all. In Enduro Karts in the 1970's when it was very big
            Jeff did you ever race at the Kart track in Liberty MO ?
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
              so, if more weight is better in a gokart - something that's vehemently denied in karting circles, BTW - why don't people add as much weight as possible to them, and why are there only weight minimums in karting classes?

Thumbing through my Tune To Win book, all they emphasize is MINIMAL weight and the ability to control the center of gravity with any required ballast.
              An Indy car weighs 1500-1600lbs, but at speed it it can create more than 5000lbs of downforce...........Now do understand why the car is built so light........They don't need to add weight they create it with downforce.........

Comment

it's not about adding weight, it's about using the weight you have to your advantage.... but I suspect you already knew that.... as for lightest being fastest.... last time I checked motorcycles were not as fast as top fuel dragsters... did that suddenly change?
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

There is no advantage to carrying extra weight if you are trying to accelerate or change direction of an object. The more mass it has the more resistant it will be to change. The tricky part comes in when you try to adhere a tire to the ground.
                  Originally posted by TC
                  also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Once, those guys are Crazy LOL I knew the Fairfeilds very well, my dad raced boats with their dad in the 50's several of the others too.

I raced against Pruit, and Dismor ( Indy Drivers) and (Nascars) Lake Speed, Jamie McMurry's Dad also

Comment

Now boat racing.....thats something I think I'll never understand, lol
                      Originally posted by TC
                      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I heard some of dem race boats pull over 4g's in a turn. got a keel 3' long. I think go-karts should get big magnets and race on steel plate tracks....makin' blood shoot outta my ears just thinkin' 'bout it..... yeah.
                        Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          it's not about adding weight, it's about using the weight you have to your advantage.... but I suspect you already knew that....
                          I did already know that, it's in the books I read. However, what we have here is a misunderstanding - I understood your point to be "The kart with the most weight will be the fastest around the course" - clearly I misunderstood as I totally agree with what you are saying now.

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          as for lightest being fastest.... last time I checked motorcycles were not as fast as top fuel dragsters... did that suddenly change?
                          I should have clarified my point because that is also not what I was saying. I was trying to say "of two vehicles with similar power and similar contact patch, the lighter one will be the fastest around a racecourse."

Hope that clears it up?
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
                            I heard some of dem race boats pull over 4g's in a turn. got a keel 3' long. I think go-karts should get big magnets and race on steel plate tracks....makin' blood shoot outta my ears just thinkin' 'bout it..... yeah.
                            LOL you would love my Cheater HO car the magnets hang down and you sand the rear tires till they just click the track. You can turn a peice of track over and shake it and it wont come off because the magnets and rails.

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
                              Now boat racing.....thats something I think I'll never understand, lol
                              My DAD raced B-Hydro

I did work a short time on a Blown Gas Hydro 10 liter Aries with a two speed Lenco 187 MPH anything on the water over 60 is fast LOL

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                                I should have clarified my point because that is also not what I was saying. I was trying to say "of two vehicles with similar power and similar contact patch, the lighter one will be the fastest around a racecourse."
                                Oh Really??..... The Boss 302 Laguna Seca Mustang is 400lbs lighter than the ZL1 Camaro, but the Camaro was able to do the road course faster by 2.5 seconds than the Mustang could..... This was attributed to the Camaro being able to carry higher speed through the corners...........

Last edited by TC; January 18, 2012, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X