Snow - might as well start the rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow - might as well start the rant

It's not the people in the cars; it's the jerk-offs in the 4x4 trucks with 24" wheels that are the worst. It's not the people in the Prii, it's the blue hairs that knew this was coming that are out driving in this stuff....

However, I cope well with all of it.... when they close down the city I go skiing.... after all, I couldn't make it into the office, that'd be unsafe

yeah, 12" of snow so far, another 12" on the way (and they notoriously predict 50% of the actual amount).
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

SBG are you in Portland? I was out by the TV in our hallway a few minutes ago and CNN was streaming "Pacific Northwest being pounded by two large snowstorms"

Then about 10 minutes later our internal network to our Portland offices went offline... I haven't actually confirmed it's snowing in Portland but...
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

not in Portland, but I know it's snowing in Portland... parents live there... I'm a bit north of Seattle
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

We've been getting a decent storm (6-8") every other week since before Christmas here .... Yup, still driving the chevelle daily ....
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I was in and out of a customer's house most of today cutting/installing chair rail molding... just a t-shirt and jeans, but didn't break a sweat, either. Perfect weather.

Sometimes I wish we had more "seasons"... but I think I'd get tired of them pretty quick.

Comment

yea....here I sit with 2 f-ing sleds ready to ride....and nothing! guess i sell them both . put the cash into the GTO!
            Reading , Pa
            Good Guys rodders rep.
            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

not much here either.
              disappointing.

it is snowing now, light worthless.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

had a dumb arse in a 4x4 ditch his truck right in front of my house trying to pass a cop it was highly amusing

i agree on the truck owners being the worsed when it snows they think becuase they have 4x4 they can drive like a tard they forget they still have to stop.....
                Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post

Sometimes I wish we had more "seasons"... but I think I'd get tired of them pretty quick.
                  I can confirm that!
                  1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                  1997 Mustang GT
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't miss snow at all. However, the Lovely Donna reports that it was 18 degrees in the barn this morning.

We're supposed to get pounded by the storm from the north by Thursday.
                    I'm still learning

Comment

even Reed Timmer the tornado storm chaser was talking bout the snow in the northwest today
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Ah, it's been super warm here all winter except for just a handful of cold days. My Yanmar tractor has been sitting in the garage for 3 months in Snowplow mode waiting for action. I kinda hope we get dumped on at least once this winter, maybe the storm in the northwest is headed this way?
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Nope, supposed to head just about straight down. I'd rather it head your way, if that's any consolation. :p
                          I'm still learning

Comment

I hate to say this, but I was in shorts today. High was 67, but it felt warmer. Tomorrow things will change (again) with a high of 50. I'll take 50 and sunny over snow any day.

Comment

It was -4*F this morning and the forecast is for RAIN, wtf?
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X