Snow - might as well start the rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
    I was in and out of a customer's house most of today cutting/installing chair rail molding... just a t-shirt and jeans, but didn't break a sweat, either. Perfect weather.

Sometimes I wish we had more "seasons"... but I think I'd get tired of them pretty quick.
    my parents are cold on the west coast ..you have business ?
    Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; January 19, 2012, 10:07 AM.

Comment

I'm not going to complain about the mild winter so far, but I know that retribution will arrive and we'll get some hellish storms, always do. The '84 tecumseh powered 8/24 toro will get fired up and handle it like it always does.

I've refused to buy snowmobiles - don't need antoher expensive hobby that I have to drive up to northern michigan to do, gear, helmets, boots, sleds, another trailer, gas, hotels, food..... nah - I'm busy enough trying to get project work done in the winter.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Dad-in-law is trying his hardest to get me into the sled deal. Guess turn around is fair play, I got him hooked on Sandrails for the summer time............ he says snow or sand, it all rides the same.

I say "Yeah, but sand ain't cold and doesn't stick as bad"....... then he drops off his old sled for us to have, just to play around the yard with. Sheesh - but how to turn down a free sled that looks good and runs?

Guess he's drawing me in slowly.

And we are definitely going to pay for the mild winter so far. March has a way of balancing those books out every year.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Oh come on! The UP is great this time of year! Its a balmy 6F right now and we have six inches of fresh powder just since 0600!

Comment

Update - my only 4x4 now only has 2 gears.... F***ing S*n of a B**ch. Ah well, at least it still moves and can be used (albeit slowly).
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

better then the LeBaron it has reverse or neutral lol
              Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
              Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

So far no snow here in Joisey except for that freak storm in Oct. Man, I'm loving not having any snow! Still have my new snow blower in the box.

Shoulda move south in the early 80's like I wanted to.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

It's still snowing here ....

Comment

Nada here. The threatened rain didn't even appear. =/
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Right now its -3 but at least it isnt snowing.... Should have more snow by morning though. The house is still cold, and I have been running the stove hard all day.

Comment

brother.... I feel like waving goodbye. South of me, something like 70% of the area is without power; and they thawed yesterday - so I wonder how long it will be until the lights go out here.

Comment

Finally got some snow here. A pretty decent 6 inches or so. Just got a little bit of the last tail of the storm. Looks like another due Monday. We'll see.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Its just snow. It will melt....
                            I couldn't fix your brakes so I made your horn louder.

Comment

arrrggghhh.... so the truck has 1st and 2nd gear (top speed of 35 mph), drove the GTO today (had to literally pull it out of the road/driveway).... it's not running right, a miss at 1000-2000 rpms under load AND the battery dies pretty much whenever it feels like it (brand new battery, mind you). Yesterday, I moved the Buick to a safer spot (because of the wind) and slid into the retaining wall - screwing up the bumpers.... so I went from 3 running/driving vehicles on Wednesday to 1 that runs (no wipers), one that needs a transmission, and is damaged, and one that's dying.... and another snowstorm is in the forecast for end of next week.

Comment

I live out in the boonies here in Wisconsin and have an hour ride to work each day. Friday That turned into an hour and a half of shear terror and near death experiences. I pulled out of the driveway and within 100 feet the condensation from my breath had frosted the inside of the windows. Letting the Tbird run while I dug it out hadn't even budged the thermostat. :/ The back roads hadn't been plowed yet, so as I slid 30 feet past my first turn - after having slowed down way early - I decided to go the long way on the interstate. Travel there was fine, zipped right along at regular speeds in the one lane that had been plowed continuously (the other was mostly clear but had a couple of inches of snow on it). Until I got around other cars. I've got to disagree with you SBG, the worst idiots are the ones without functioning brake lights going 30 on the interstate. I'm in a rear wheel drive, low slung car. If I can safely drive 60-65 mph, these asshats in AWD SUV's can surely do more than 30! It's Wisconsin dammit! I thought people up here would be used to driving in snow!
                                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X