Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you have a gigantic cruise ship sitting on it's side on the rocks....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you have a gigantic cruise ship sitting on it's side on the rocks....

How the heck to you stand it back up?
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

inflatable dry dock or similar technology.
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
      How the heck to you stand it back up?
      I wondered that too.

repair where it is at, all exposed.. use the air/water pump routine with biggest closed channels pumped out first...would be my guess.

some welders are gonna get big bucks there I could guess.

thay do have those big sea going cranes that float a sunken boat..but this is huge.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
        I wondered that too.

repair where it is at, all exposed.. use the air/water pump routine with biggest closed channels pumped out first...would be my guess.

some welders are gonna get big bucks there I could guess.

thay do have those big sea going cranes that float a sunken boat..but this is huge.
        I think they are just going to get the Aliens to help out..........

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
          The aliens DID build the pyramids, after all. Depending upon which channel you watch...yeah, they could do it, and have the ship's captain out of jail and beamed somewhere else before anybody even noticed he was missing.
          Last edited by pdub; January 17, 2012, 03:32 PM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Here is an interesting article about a similar situation. Its a long story but a good read.

Comment

Very careful pumping of the intact flooded spaces and counterflooding of intact spaces on the other side (depending on the watertight integrity of the ship.) Probably some strategically placed buoyancy bags. And really big tugs. Of course one good storm and it will get easier once the ship is broken into smaller pieces.

Big dollars and very dangerous operation. This whole thing is criminal and inexcusable.
              1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Originally posted by 67pete300 View Post
                Big dollars and very dangerous operation. This whole thing is criminal and inexcusable.
                true, but as with all good trainwrecks (or in this case shipwreck) it makes darn good TV.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

AWESOME read!
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

It's Italian. They'll just paint it red, call it a Ferrari and it will zoom out of there on its own!
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I would blame it on the Iranians and go from there.

Comment

I guess italy does have an immigration problem.

boating between two giants in boston harbor..they are so large the water is the temperature of the boat for a long time.

the size of that and knowing they have to thrash the big boat around like a matchbox. Quite a scale of mind change. I bet the salvage people don't drive hounder cheevics.

just 40tons and a rig for some years and things change about size or even volume of voice.
                        Previously boxer3main

Comment

Better yet just feed me some re-fried beans and I'll have that ship floating in no time........

Comment

Better yet just feed me some re-fried beans and I'll have that ship floating in no time........
                            offered 30million for a ballast problem..
                            I wonder what offers are put up for this serious one.

is magnetics or other weird problem part of this? looks like that rock attacked the boat.
                            Previously boxer3main

Comment

Two words - Somali Pirates. The Captain was hero to scuttle the ship rather than give it over to those heathens. If I was in his shoes that would be my defense. I have a feeling he won't be able to get a gig piloting a jon boat.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X