No announcement yet.

Names and Faces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its called CRS (can't remember sh**). It's embarrassing when I know someone and can't remember their name but its really bad when they tell me a second time and I still forget. Talk about not leaving a good impression......
    However, I find that if you bring the beer my name retention improves considerably.
    Shelter animals make great pets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
      At the BS Jam in MI, should we or should we not....well, wait., I'm a record-keeping nerd by profession. Should we have a sign-in sheet and I can scan it and post it and all can see who all was there?

Just a thought.
      Better than a sign in sheet idea. At the CJTV open house they had a banner made up for everybody to sign. I've got pics, but they're on one of my old laptops. Ask Brian if we can have one (or several) made for the get together.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Related topic (I think). I have a hard time remembering people out of context. We use an accountant for ME's business who is a member of her church. I met them (her and her husband) at the church Christmas service and had NO CLUE who they were. Worse yet, I had one of our Michigan buddies with me and I couldn't introduce them even though they clearly knew me. When I see them at their office they are completely recognizable. I HATE that.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          Related topic (I think). I have a hard time remembering people out of context. We use an accountant for ME's business who is a member of her church. I met them (her and her husband) at the church Christmas service and had NO CLUE who they were. Worse yet, I had one of our Michigan buddies with me and I couldn't introduce them even though they clearly knew me. When I see them at their office they are completely recognizable. I HATE that.

Dan
          Dan, you can't hate CRS any more than I do, I don't see how. I hate it, dadgummit.

Three days into the orientation, I've got these guys almost figured out, but I can't find a hook. They're all young, 20-somethings except for one 30-something, and they do indeed (3 of them) have a similar look. I've nearly got their first names done, but the last names...my case is hopeless. and when they come to me in a month to ask a question, I'll know I know them, but I won't know their names.

It happened in the lunch line today. A maintenance guy I spent two days with at our offsite training building, shooting the breeze and talking about cars because he was sure admiring Red. I took the guy for a redline run in Red on the road beside the training center. He loved it. And he said I should go to Summit.com to check out all the aftermarket parts they have for Mustangs. I knew his name, his name is mine for the library, on that day.

Today he was in the cafeteria and turned to me and asked if I'd visited the website, a common bond from our conversations. I said yes, sure did, and they've got way too much stuff, a very cool site and thanks for the recommendation.

Did I remember his name? Of course not. I mean not a single letter or syllable of it, a total blank. Nothing. That's just...I hate it. I mean CRS sucks shards of steel into the intake. I hate it, it's bad.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
            Here's one for you, do you remember the waiters name at the last restaurant you were at??..........
            I don't remember what I had for lunch after sleeping over night generally!
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Sometimes it best said in a song........

http://www.tomrush.com./video_remember.html
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                Better than a sign in sheet idea. At the CJTV open house they had a banner made up for everybody to sign. I've got pics, but they're on one of my old laptops. Ask Brian if we can have one (or several) made for the get together.
                I think you just did (ask Brian). That would be cool, sure nuff.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                  Sometimes it best said in a song........

http://www.tomrush.com./video_remember.html
                  Yeah, that's another one I should have written. Just sat around on my thumbs and forgot to write it. Like the song Matt turned me onto, "Pretty Good at Drinkin' Beer." I really failed. That's my song. I just sat around drinking beer and let somebody else write it, and I didn't get any of the money or fame for it. I wrote that song, but never bothered to put it down on paper and play it.

Comment

I'm the same way....
                    I've been at my current job about 18 years now, I go out on the flight line and it seems EVERYBODY knows my name,managers,leads,workers, everybody. As I sit here I can recall maybe 5 names out of the thirty guys I could run into tonight.
                    If I sit here and think about it I may be able to add a few more. When I see them I think there are 10 I know,the rest are just...blank.
                    I too have done the repeat the name,write the name down(if I don't forget it before I get a piece of paper).
                    I can plainly remember one guy who I had contact with for over 6 years who everybody called Paul,when he retired we found out his name was Peter.

We all have our name on our uniform shirts,but are allowed to wear a T shirt without any markings so no help there,about 3/4 of the guys I work with are T shirt 100% of the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X