No announcement yet.

Thoughts prayers and powers - Bruab's Grandpa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian, you're so blessed to have been able to spend great times with your grand dad. Like these other guys, my maternal grandparents died the year I was born. I had many chances to spend time with my dad's parents and didn't. It's still a source of regret and the reason why spending time with family and friends is so important to me.

Best wishes for you and your family, Brian.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Cannot add more to what everyone has said, just enjoy the time you have and keep your sense of humor...
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Thoughts and prayers brother ....
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
          Thoughts and prayers brother ....
          x2
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Mr. Heart on his Sleeve here. As you know I recently lost my Mom so I can really relate. When Mom went it was more of a relief than anything as she wasn't able to live her life as she wanted to and the cancer had taken too much. I don't know if Hospice is involved but call them quickly if they aren't. Those folks are Angels on Earth and will help in ways you can't imagine. At least in Florida they have worked out funding so you don't have to worry about that.

Best Positive Energy for you and your family. Know that you are in our hearts and minds.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              x2
              X3, if 3 is legal. Been there, done that. No, it's not in any way easy, and I think by the design of life it's supposed to be hard. That's a never-forget lesson in itself, to help us enjoy every single day to the fullest.

Hang tough Brian.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Cherish the stories you can hear him tell... before my Grandma died, she told us a lot of things what it was like when she was younger. My grandparents were farmers, the stories about "Life before Refrigerators" and "Life before Television" or especially "What it means to have a Victory Garden" really hit home. We don't know hardship anymore.
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

My Mom left behind a couple of documents for us so we had some idea of our history. She put together a picture book a few years ago with old pics of our grandparents and great-grandparents along with some text describing who was in the pics. After she got sick she wrote out (longhand, she never did master the computer although we tried to interest her) her biography, especially as it related to us. As she got sicker and on more meds her recollections became less accurate (some of the events I remembered from my childhood) but still it was a real gift.

ME spent many evenings in front of the TV transcribing this into electronic format. I added what I knew and (leaving her words intact) fixed what I knew of this history. Hopefully my brothers will add their stories about her and eventually we'll have a fairly complete document to pass down to Grands and Great-Grands.

Brian -the reason for telling you all this - If he's still lucid sit with Grampa and start a tape recorder. Ask him about his youth and record whatever comes out of his mouth. There will be GEMS there! Later on you can transcribe it for your boys and future generations - some of them will be interested. It's such a treat for us to have this record.

Dan

Comment

Prayers from kansas! mom has my granddad staying with her and my dad. It's good to see him now and he dosnt have to
                    go to a nursing home. He doesnt have alot of time left so we spend alot more time with him nowdays.
                    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa Brian.
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                      X