Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BJ Auto Auction

Watching it live on Speed.

Cool cars, some weird cars, a painted and decorated race car with a race uniform included...

Who has that much money? I mean.....I mean.....dang, money. I mean...I mean....dang. I can't make it make any sense. I mean...money. Gobs of money. Like, dang....
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Well, peewee.... keep in mind that the cheap stuff sells before the cameras are ever turned on, and that many folks there have more money than brains.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

You think they're pricey now? Wait till the weekend! UNOBTAINIUM!
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Really some of that stuff going through tonight is a bargain, it would cost 2 to 3 times as much to build some of them as compared to what they're selling for, just wait till Saturday when the High Rollers and their Trophy Wives fly in with their Lear Jets. I'm glad I'm not there and even if I were there I wouldn't have the money to spend on the Divorce Attorney when I brought the cars home!

OK, I'm watching the re-run now, there were definitely some buys that went through tonight, 68 Corvette & others!
        Last edited by Grumpy; January 18, 2012, 11:39 PM.
        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Im lovin the 61 Pontiac that just went through.

Comment

yup this is the "cheap" day
            Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
            Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
              Really some of that stuff going through tonight is a bargain, it would cost 2 to 3 times as much to build some of them as compared to what they're selling for
              I have to agree with Grumpy, for what I have seen most of those are a really good deal and I don't think they are out of range. Unless you are a really good bodyman and have a real good car to start with, paint and body will cost nearly half of what many are selling for.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                Really some of that stuff going through tonight is a bargain, it would cost 2 to 3 times as much to build some of them as compared to what they're selling for, just wait till Saturday when the High Rollers and their Trophy Wives fly in with their Lear Jets. I'm glad I'm not there and even if I were there I wouldn't have the money to spend on the Divorce Attorney when I brought the cars home!

OK, I'm watching the re-run now, there were definitely some buys that went through tonight, 68 Corvette & others!
                Pfft!! Only no class lottery winners fly around in a Lear Jet. People with real cash spend $50 to $60 million on a Gulfstream, or a Bombadier Global Express, or even a Boeing Business Jet (That's your own private 737.) I have a client who spent $18 million on the interior alone on his BBJ. Top that price off with an operating cost in the $12,000/hr range.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                  Pfft!! Only no class lottery winners fly around in a Lear Jet. People with real cash spend $50 to $60 million on a Gulfstream, or a Bombadier Global Express, or even a Boeing Business Jet (That's your own private 737.) I have a rich person that I drive to places sometimes who spent $18 million on the interior alone on his BBJ. Top that price off with an operating cost in the $12,000/hr range.

Fixed it .
                  "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I rather help a friend clean rust off a Nova subframe to resurrect his Camaro, but that's just me.
                    1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                    1997 Mustang GT
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                      Pfft!! Only no class lottery winners fly around in a Lear Jet. People with real cash spend $50 to $60 million on a Gulfstream, or a Bombadier Global Express, or even a Boeing Business Jet (That's your own private 737.) I have a client who spent $18 million on the interior alone on his BBJ. Top that price off with an operating cost in the $12,000/hr range.
                      OK, sorry my mistake, I don't "have the opportunity" to deal with those people on a daily basis so I didn't know! Secondly "no class lottery winners" (wish I were one) could care less about class, they're just having the time of their life flying around in their pressurized Cessa or Lear Jet.
                      Last edited by Grumpy; January 19, 2012, 12:49 PM.
                      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

i bout lost it when I saw that ford 59 ranch wagon semi-custom, car was incredible and went for like 23k, a great deal IMO, couldnt build it for that
                        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I guessed that the puke green 30-foot long old Lincoln would go for 78K. That was my guess, and it went for about a third of that. I guess they ARE givin' 'em away early on......money. I said money.
                          Last edited by pdub; January 19, 2012, 06:18 PM.

Comment

i guessed 43,5
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Let's all of us BSer's ante up $20 apiece and see what we have in the pool and then see what we can bid on.....

Comment

Working...
                              X