Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL non official BANG SHIFT CAMERA THREAD !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is Charles and Nate?
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
      Thanks Joe.
      Ps , we had to walk right past each other this past weekend. we have some of the same people in the backgrounds! I send mine to Brian, how many times can people look at the same cars?
      Don't know how you missed me, I was wearing my BS RedKap coat that the guys gave me a few years ago! I did meet another member but I apologize for not remembering his name...I also received several positive acknowledgements from guys who just read the Blog and tune in for the live broadcasts like the Palm Beach deal this weekend...

12-10GERWER-HELMET0013 by Joe Grippo, on Flickr
      Time Wasters...
      http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
      http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

meh, im here, i only shoot in auto and i got a couple of nikons - HA
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I bought My Cannon rebel back in '04.
          58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Ex wife got the Canon 40D which is 5 years old now, and is still a "go to" (or qualified "backup") camera for many magazine and photo professionals. Ugh, the money I had in lenses for that thing. Anyways...

Anyways, I got stuck with the Nikon D50x. Sorry, but once I used the Pro Canon camera the nikon never even came close to holding a candle. I know that Nikon pro lenses can be a bit less expensive than same performance for the Canon. I also learned that megapixel count is for nothing but advertising... sensor and glass quality are king. The Canon had *incredible* preset management. And awesome factory support.

I miss the Canon 40D.
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

In on 36....;) Cool thread! I have both Nikon and Canon. I like the Nikon for the pic and the canon for easy of adjusting but, I have had it longer....not to sound cocky my sis gave me her old Nikon....
              Last edited by powerglide; January 19, 2012, 09:52 PM.
              I couldn't fix your brakes so I made your horn louder.

Comment

My guess is, I need a better lens for my Canon. It's the one that came in the "kit" I bought. The zoom lens is good but the regular one is not all that good.
                I couldn't fix your brakes so I made your horn louder.

Comment

Next time wear the helmet too! Im sure I wont miss you then!
                  Reading , Pa
                  Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Scott, I had Nikons forever, since the film days. The first camera I bought myself was a kodak " handle" , it was 1976 and I bought it to take pics at the bicentennial parade. Then I Polaroid land camera, which was fun, but expensive ( still have) . In 1980 I bought a yashica fx3 super ( 35mm SLR). I love that and still fire a few rolls thru it.
                    I have had nikons since a friend who shot for the Air Force and Nasa said thats all they use , because of durability . And I stay with them because I like how they fit my hand.

Comparing a D50 to a 40d is like a chevette to a chevelle.
                    Last edited by ls7gto; January 20, 2012, 07:39 AM.
                    Reading , Pa
                    Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Scott , you sure your camera is a d50x, I didnt think they made a "x" model, just a d50. a d40 had a "X" , that was 200 bucks more than a d40, and was done to trick people into upgrading. It wasnt any better, and was actually worse in some specs.
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Grippo View Post
                        I checked them out also but with all the stuff I have already uploaded I am sorta' committed to what I have been using. Which is cool, because I am completley satisfied with the performance and features they offer. Is it safe to assume Smugmug operates the same as Fotki and Flickr? They certainly look similar...I know some local photogs that use Smugmug....
                        Yeah, it's very similar to Flickr, but I liked their options for prints and the site layout, so I went with them instead. Either one is a good choice though.
                        I take photos.

Comment

shot this on my way to work awhile back ( march 2011) , with my d300 .

view from my backyard

Reading , Pa
                          Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Alright camera nerds, what would be your dream setup for lenses and why?
                            I take photos.

Comment

Not enough of a camera nerd (yet) to bench race them, I do love taking pictures tho, I'll shoot anything. I'd consider myself an advance novice, but I learn somthing new every time I pick the camera up,, got that goin' for me lol.

My camera is a Sony a200 DSLR, 2 lenses an 18-70 and 75-300, some polarizing filters and my favorite the star filter.
                              sigpic

Comment

right now Id love a d700,( just because it a full frame sensor ) to go with the glass I have. 14-24 , 24-70 , and the 70 -200 nikkor, all which F2.8. I would really like the nikon d3x or d3s. but wont ever be able to afford one i this lifetime!

In reality , in my dream world , I would be rocking a medium format with a Digital back, like a hasselblad! ( 40k for one. ) I have never shot any medium format stuff, but would love to try it !
                                Reading , Pa
                                Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Working...
                                X