Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL non official BANG SHIFT CAMERA THREAD !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got lightroom last week, I was using the photo editor in microsoft office - no lie LOL
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

come on, I heard you pay John J. to make your stuff look good! LOL
      Reading , Pa
      Good Guys rodders rep.
      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

I shoot primarily aviation related subjects (and people here and there for extra $$$). I use a Canon 5D MKII with a 70-200mm F/2.8 IS and 24-105mm f/4 IS lens. That 24-105 is a friggin money maker for me in the air-to-air world. I recently sold a long, long list of things to step up my game since I'm now getting regular checks in the mail for my work.

Had and sold: Canon XSi, 1D MKII, 85mm f/1.8, 35mm f/2, Sigma 150-500mm OS, Sigma 17-35 f/2.8, Canon 300mm F/4 and more.

These galleries were with my 1D and the 70-200 and 150-500 lenses.

Some aviation work I've done:

Here's a link to a bunch of stuff. http://s1046.photobucket.com/albums/...rePhotography/

I can answer just about any question you have.
        1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
        1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

I use Microsoft Raw Photo Editor (Free internal tool) for 90% of my editing; I then export them to jpeg and do some final tweaking of the levels and some minor sharpening if need be via GIMP.

Debating trying out Lightroom, although I don't know if I'll get much more out of it.

1970camaroRS: Great photos!
          I take photos.

Comment

Great that you stopped in Nathan, I know your busy with the airplanes, camaro and Kickin my ass in FB scrabble! Your aviation shots keep getting better, I remember once making a comment to you about prop blur. You got it mastered now !

We have some really talented guys here , I need to start working on my skills.....
            Reading , Pa
            Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
              I need to start working on my skills.....
              I need more skill and access to some of that equipment you showed us a few posts back...
              I take photos.

Comment

come down here to Pa, and you can use anything you want!
                Reading , Pa
                Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

I use Sony stuff for everything. I have a Sony Alpha 380 as my main DSLR. I have a smattering of lenses for that. For just quick shots I have a Sony P&S W-310 and back up Sony P-150. And for quick videos, a Sony Bloggie... that I haven't really tried yet.

I have 27,450 pictures on Flickr and 98% of them were taken with a Sony camera. Next thing I'm going to get is some better flashes.

Explore Ryan Brutt’s 205,075 photos on Flickr!

Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
                  www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

I might take you up on that offer when I'm in Carlisle for the GM Nationals this summer!
                    I take photos.

Comment

Nice shot Ryan, thanks for checking in!
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Doug- You're hanging right in there with me in words with friends!

As far as post-processing. There really isn't a substitute for Photoshop and Lightroom. I use both - lightroom to batch process and sort. Photoshop for the more involved editing.

If you are thinking about getting into photography, just about any DSLR body from Canon or Nikon will do. I would urge people to really think hard before buying anything else. Except, perhaps, maybe, Sony. This is based on one reason: Lenses. You will not find the variety and quality of lenses available for any other brands (in the 35mm market). The key to photography really, truly is in the quality of lens used. Oh, and the knowledge on how to use them. With a camera body, you are making a purchase. With a lens, you are making an investment. 5 times now I have bought and sold a lens at or slightly above the price I purchased in for. I have sold two cameras at huge loses.

That said, I bought a new camera body in November that has already lost $500 in street value. Think I will hang on to this one for a while longer though.
                        Last edited by 1970camaroRS; January 23, 2012, 04:13 PM.
                        1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                        1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

I need to pay better attention as I was in Reading last August going the Frank Hawley's school at Maple Grove, dammit, would like to have met you in person.

I have a Sony A55, and before everyone jumps on me I got it becuase it accepts all the old glass from my ancient Minolta Maxxum SLR and even the AF works! I'm learning/remembering how to shoot with a camera wher you can push the ISO and such in the digital sense and I need a wide angle which also likely be an NOS Minolta lens.

I also got the Sony for the AF capability when shooting HD video which works pretty darn well through the tele-photo lens. It also has a 15 FPS burst mode which is nice for starting line shots.

I know the Canon or Nikon stuff is top of the line but all that stuff was out of my price range. I got Sony with Amex points accumulated form all my work travel so it became a no brainer.

That said the iPhone 4S camera is ridiculously easy to use with the built in flash and so I've been using that for docuemnting a lot of the car projects while they are in porcess and my hands are dirty. It also doubles as a way to look into dark places.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

You cant go wrong with either nikon or canon, they are both top of the line. Canon did make a big logistical error back around 1980 or so when the auto focus cameras were coming into play. they decided to change the lens mount on their new cameras which did not allow those with the older canon lenses to use them on the newer bodies. I recall a big uproar about it with many saying they were leaving canon. who knows for sure. but nikon still uses the same lens mount and has never changed it. I can take my newest lens and mount it on my old nikon f camera body and i can take my oldest lenses and mount them on my newest nikon body. of course my older lenses remain manual focus and manual aperature settings but they are still usable.

In the meantime I will be looking at one of the new nikon v1 cameras to use as a portable pocket carry model. anyone have one of these yet?
                            Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Bill, I would Love to meet you ! anytime any of you Bang shifters are in reading , carlisle, and anywhere close!
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

I have an old Canon 35mm SLR, a Nikon D40x, and several little point-and-shoots, but mostly I use my iPhone 4s since I always have it with me. I've yet to completely figure out *any* camera so I mostly use the "shoot and pray" method lol. It's worked so far...

Tractor at Fall Fest in AZ

NHRR 2011 in Bowling Green

Arenal Mountains and Volcano in Costa Rica
                                Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Working...
                                X