look at this auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• look at this auction

Page Not Found. Here are some quick links to the top Mecum Auctions pages to get you back on track quickly.

Re: look at this auction

Linky no worky

Comment

Page Not Found. Here are some quick links to the top Mecum Auctions pages to get you back on track quickly.

Built by tobacco heir Zachary Reynolds of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco fame, the “Tobacco King” 1964 Ford Galaxie was as wild an example of a Rocket Drag Axle-equipped car as one could ask for, and certainly reflected Reynolds’ daredevil personality. Playboy, pilot, Ham Radio enthusiast and all-around enfant terrible, Reynolds specifically wanted a car that would terrorize everyone with its appearance alone, just before slamming their senses with a prodigious detonation of Rocket Axle power. The “Tobacco King” certainly fulfilled that mission.

Documented in the 1967 Turbonique product catalog, the Raven Black Galaxie’s original 390 V8 engine was replaced with a 425 horsepower 427 Ford big block fitted with a rare Latham axial flow supercharger fed by four Carter one-barrel sidedraft carburetors. That alone would have been enough for most street racers, but not for the young Reynolds, who took the whole project the extra distance by having the differential replaced with an 850 horsepower Turbonique turbine Rocket Drag Axle.

Comment

Good God. I would definitely kill myself in that car. :o

I would be okay with it though. What a way to go.

Seth
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Pure MADNESS. all i would do is smoke the tires because anything more and i would probably pass out from the G's

Comment

fixed it

Comment

I like the lack of a roll cage!

Comment

What a monster! Thanks!

Comment

way, way beyond cool. Thanks for sharing.

Kurt

Comment

Nsane!!! You'd have to be missing a couple of marbles to hit that button at the 330 ft mark.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

There was one of those kits on ebay not too long ago, 100k I think was the starting bid....that car is amazing...I would drive it...roll cage be damed ;D

Comment

That thing must be fired and fully demonstrated before I will bid on it. ;) ;D
                        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

As bad ass as the Turbonique stuff is, the Latham blower is what I love most about the thing.

Those blowers are really, really, rare. I think about 600 of them actually hit the streets. In talking to some guys old enough to know, the downside to them was trying to get the side draft carbs right.

Popping the hood on that thing in the early 1960's must have been like peering into top secret government files.

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

WOW... now that is cool...

we gotta find all the info on those things... I've seen the website before...it's pretty neat stuff...

K

Comment

Working...
                            X