No announcement yet.

Gm # 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I posted on every thread that I thought was worthless , I would have a lot more posts!

I started this post to give Spidey Gears Man a hard time.
    Last edited by ls7gto; January 21, 2012, 07:39 AM.
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by bnjny View Post
      No offense, but this thread is worthless.
      99.9% of threads on this site are useless whats new?

Comment

I am sure that there are number fudging problems with this claim,as the government has a hand in GM.Have not seen a damn thing that they run thats not screwed up.
        Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by skullbucket View Post
          I think that's over-doing it a little...

Comment

Originally posted by min301 View Post
            I think that's over-doing it a little...
            Yea "the women with cars" thread with 718 pages and 7178 replies is a useful.
            The "random thought" thread with 839 pages and 8384 replies is useful.

Comment

Yea "the women with cars" thread with 718 pages and 7178 replies is a useful.
              The "random thought" thread with 839 pages and 8384 replies is useful.
              I'm sure your right hand gets a lot of use out of the Women with Cars thread.......

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                I'm sure your right hand gets a lot of use out of the Women with Cars thread.......
                Doing what, hitting the back button??

Comment

Boy that .1% must really keep you entertained to keep you around then right?
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto View Post
                    Funny, my friends in the VW dealerships say there products are junk. My Uncle who has just retired from working in a a VW dealership....and he just bought a new BUICK! Says he will never buy another ( VW) one.
                    Most of my Anti -GM friends think they still ride like worn out couches ( like the mid 80s ) , but then they drive the wifes car and they change their mind. They like her Impala much better than there camrys and accords!

And I have to ask.....are you saying that "Americans " have no ingenuity....I hope you don't want to open that can.
                    VW has a very ambitious sales plan, worldwide. I think they will hit it... My statement has nothing to do with what anyone thinks about the product... VW sales are up in the US, the hardest market for them... Porsche sales are also up in the US... Really no way to fudge the VW numbers... They don't really have fleet sales, like GM... I am also not saying that VW is better than GM or vice versa.

My Dad loves his 04 Impala as well... However, he is close to 80 years old. Outside of middle America, who else is buying GM products that are not trucks in a younger demographic?

GM, North America cannot seem to build a car without outsourcing from their euro/asian arms... Glad you decided to ask instead of assume.

However, taking what I said out of context can open many a can of empty arguments. It's been done on this site so many times.

So to recap... GM NA is still to a large degree parts bin engineering in my opinion and needs to focus on more bread and butter type products that can be made profitable. Outside of trucks. It really needs to do this in the next 12-24 months. GM is sort of doing this, but it remains to be seen if they can do it... New Ford Focus vs the Chevy Cruze... Sonic vs Fiesta vs Fit vs Mazda 2 vs Fiat 500 vs Yaris...

VW is selling more cars in the US. As for worldwide VW will probably sell more cars than GM if the current trend continues and especially if GM runs into labor troubles stateside.

No matter how it is twisted, I never bash my country, just some of the lazy azzes that make us look bad.

I wish GM could truly be #1 again. I also wish that the Pontiac name was not retired and that I win the lottery...

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                      Boy that .1% must really keep you entertained to keep you around then right?
                      Your the one with 6640 replies, not me.

Comment

Your the one with 6640 replies, not me.
                        And yet you're still here. I never said that 99.9% of the threads were worthless, you did. Obviously by my post count I disagree. Or maybe it's just that I'm not crotchety prick and I enjoy the interaction with the other members. Maybe you just come across that way on the interwebs but who knows.
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                          Or maybe it's just that I'm not crotchety prick and I enjoy the interaction with the other members. Maybe you just come across that way on the interwebs but who knows.
                          And your point is?

Comment

If being here is such a bother...then leave, otherwise if your not helping,
                            then why bash this great place?
                            I vote if you wanna be here, then treat all as family, if not,
                            STFU...why make this place something other than to enjoy,
                            because the YB is where buttholes like to fight...so go there.

Comment

Originally posted by bnjny View Post
                              VW has a very ambitious sales plan, worldwide. I think they will hit it... My statement has nothing to do with what anyone thinks about the product... VW sales are up in the US, the hardest market for them... Porsche sales are also up in the US... Really no way to fudge the VW numbers... They don't really have fleet sales, like GM... I am also not saying that VW is better than GM or vice versa.

My Dad loves his 04 Impala as well... However, he is close to 80 years old. Outside of middle America, who else is buying GM products that are not trucks in a younger demographic?

GM, North America cannot seem to build a car without outsourcing from their euro/asian arms... Glad you decided to ask instead of assume.

However, taking what I said out of context can open many a can of empty arguments. It's been done on this site so many times.

So to recap... GM NA is still to a large degree parts bin engineering in my opinion and needs to focus on more bread and butter type products that can be made profitable. Outside of trucks. It really needs to do this in the next 12-24 months. GM is sort of doing this, but it remains to be seen if they can do it... New Ford Focus vs the Chevy Cruze... Sonic vs Fiesta vs Fit vs Mazda 2 vs Fiat 500 vs Yaris...

VW is selling more cars in the US. As for worldwide VW will probably sell more cars than GM if the current trend continues and especially if GM runs into labor troubles stateside.

No matter how it is twisted, I never bash my country, just some of the lazy azzes that make us look bad.

I wish GM could truly be #1 again. I also wish that the Pontiac name was not retired and that I win the lottery...
                              Its All Good , and I second the thoughts on Pontiac and the Lottery !
                              Reading , Pa
                              Good Guys rodders rep.
                              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by min301 View Post
                                If being here is such a bother...then leave, otherwise if your not helping,
                                then why bash this great place?
                                I vote if you wanna be here, then treat all as family, if not,
                                STFU...why make this place something other than to enjoy,
                                because the YB is where buttholes like to fight...so go there.
                                Thanks for the suggestion and advice, i'll use it for its value. Open lid, sit down, grunt, smile, wipe and flush!
                                Then come back to this site and see if it worked.

Comment

Working...
                                X